• This topic has 47 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Political correctness gone mad – ugly people
  • mudshark
    Free Member
    samuri
    Free Member

if something is true, how can it be pulled up for being politically incorrect?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Rebecca Adlington resembled "someone who's looking at themselves in the back of a spoon".

LOL ! Excellent ! 😀

I think some of the people who complained might have misunderstood the title of the show : "Mock The Week" ……… were they surprised to discover that there was much "mocking" going on ?

hora
    Free Member

Quality. Sorry. Its cruel NOTHING to do with political correctness IMO.

Shandy
    Free Member

I'm sure Rebecca is thrilled at the publicity over this. Despite being a decent-looking girl she has made history as the first person to be so funny looking that her appearance has been treated like a disability.

In addition people all over the country who have never heard about any of this are now looking at her picture and saying "well, she actually does slightly resemble somebody who's looking at themselves in the back of a spoon"

AndyP
    Free Member

that was last year, wasn't it? Talk about old news.

Despite being a decent-looking girl
    I put it to you that you have visual difficulties.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I love the fact that because of this, they're now broadcasting the "humiliating" and "offensive" spoon joke to a far wider audience 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

add me to that list shandy.
    she does indeed.

shes still fair pretty though :s

ide hit that

BigDummy
    Free Member

The essential thing about "Sachsgate" was that, whether you found it amusing or not, an old man who hadn't really done anything to deserve it returned home and turned on his answerphone to find a series of messages left specifically for the purpose of humiliating him for comic effect, which also happened to have been broadcast. That direct intrusion into someone's life seems to me (whether it's funny or not) to be different from saying something derogatory (whether it's funny or not) about them when they aren't there.

You can quite clearly do a lot of comedy without a repeat of Sachsgate. It becomes a lot harder if you have to avoid simply being rude about people when they're not there. Especially if you're Frankie Boyle. 🙂

And I'm not sure how editorial decisions on Mock The Week are supposed to operate at all if there has to be a "clear editorial purpose for the inclusion of [each] joke."

hora
    Free Member

de hit that

looks like she already has…..by the branches of the tree..

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm also intrigued that this one was "humiliating and offensive" while claiming that the queen is so old that her vagina is haunted was alright. I'm sure it's possible to create a set of rules that distinguishes the two, but I'm not sure I can do it off the top of my head. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Shandy
    Free Member

Lets face it lads you have all done much worse 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

She's not THAT bad. And she doesn't look for publicity, it seems a bit cruel. Funny, but cruel. Not sure anything should be "done" about it.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think it could be funny as the price of fame but would you be laughing if they said that about you?

I think she is fine. but is she fine about the comment? I'd be miffed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She's not THAT bad. And she doesn't look for publicity, it seems a bit cruel.

Oh come on coffeeking, she loves publicity. Although I agree that it's cruel, and I'm sure that she doesn't want her subjects discussing her pussy.

hora
    Free Member

scruff
    Free Member

BOBFOC

juan
    Free Member

I for once agree with coffeeking but not with griz.
    She is not looking for publicity. Does she likes it? I guess so, but I am pretty confident that her main aim is to try to defend her Olympic title, not to be on mock the week.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don't much like the idea of a complete ban on discussing people on late night comedy shows who have other things to do with their lives besides being discussed on late night comedy shows, juan. I think you'd kill the format. 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Shandy – Lets face it lads you have all done much worse

Yes, but has she?

hora
    Free Member

Would I? Yes. Thats not a glowing indictment though.

binners

You've all done much worse. Aye. And been knocked back by worse too, no doubt 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

juan – Member

I for once agree with coffeeking but not with griz.
    She is not looking for publicity.

You've got to be kidding Juan – she loves publicity. And anyway, you lot chopped the head off your Queen. So I think the comment about her pussy being haunted pales into insignificance in comparison.

project
    Free Member

Ones only got to go to any bike ride or race,and see some that resemble ex cast members of fraggle rock,but then we are not famous.

juan
    Free Member

I wasn't talking about the queen.

Nico
    Free Member

Bit of a cheap shot at somebody who hasn't set themselves up as anything other than a fast swimmer, and who at the time had only just come to prominence. Not worth resurrecting at this stage but somebody ought to tell Frankie Boyle to raise his game or get off the telly into working mens clubs.

scruff
    Free Member

I take it youve never seen Frankie Boyle live? Hes quite a bit ruder than he is on TV.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Frankie Boyle is a comedic genius, it WAS funny, he need not raise his game. However it was also cruel.

ourmaninthenorth

FFS – you think "our Becks" is ugly? Did you see the captain of UCL on University Challeneg last night? 😯

I'm still having nightmares now…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

She is not ugly, she has an interesting face.

wwaswas

"Did you see the captain of UCL on University Challeneg last night?"

that was a man in a dress, though, when all's said and done.

hora
    Free Member

binners. On pull a pig nights I'd shock even you. I've been known to win a fair few of these being a competitive sort.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

If she didn't want to be in the public eye, she shouldn't have swam so fast. Publicity goes with the territory of being the best AND proving it in public.

I easily swim faster than the world record times. Come to that I could out bike Lance too. But I choose only to do it in private as I don't fancy the jokes!

On a more serious note, the BBC, actually the whole country is going to go to the dogs (faster than expected) if comics can't make jokes like that in the future.

FFS I wish society had some sort of proportion!

coffeeking
    Free Member

But I choose only to do it in private as I don't fancy the jokes!

You must be one ugly bugger 😆

AndyP
    Free Member

FFS I wish society had some sort of proportion!
    it has. 24/39ths.

mudshark
    Free Member

hora – Member
    binners. On pull a pig nights I'd shock even you.

Yeah but the twist is you're the pig.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

actually the whole country is going to go to the dogs (faster than expected) if comics can't make jokes like that in the future

I think there is plenty of scope for hilarity without personal cruelty. Next thing you'll be telling us Bernard Manning was a comic genius.

hora
    Free Member

hora – Member
    binners. On pull a pig nights I'd shock even you.

Yeah but the twist is you're the pig.

We once had a debate over this. Girls in groups have pull a pig night as well. Its entirely feasible that our group could have interacted with a similar girls group at some point. In addition, the absolute stunners Ive pulled- I mean they are hardly going to say mid-fun 'swcheet- can beleive I won the competition tonight'

mudshark
    Free Member

So is pull a pig night just a cover for ugly people to pull other ugly people so as to get some action without having to justify themselves?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Political correctness gone mad – ugly people’ is closed to new replies.