Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PMBA Round 4 "Lakes" More info is out
  • kevduckworth

Hope / PMBA Enduro series dropped some information today on the secretive “Round 4” Venue.

What do you lot think, are you intrigued by the secrecy?
    Entries open midday Monday, 22nd February if you are.
    They are expected to sell out fast.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=922242377890207

Round 4 info

Venue : A large private forest estate near Grizedale. There are currently no trails here.
    Lap Length : Normal PMBA
    Lap Elevation : High
    Transition Difficulty : High, including some push up to most stages
    Stage Descriptions : All stages fresh cut, steep sections, highly technical sections. Mainly wooded some bare hillside / hill tops.
    Grassroots: No, this round is not where to do your first enduro.
    Northern Championships : Yes
    Part of series : Yes – Remember only 4 round plus the final count to the overall.
    Onsite camping : Yes, FREE with parking.
    Onsite Vanlife : Yes, FREE with parking.
    Onsite field parking: Yes, £5/day.
    Saturday Practice : Yes, 1pm-5pm, £10. With Marshal and Medic Cover

We wish to keep the venue secret while stages are being built, we don’t want to lose this great venue with people exploring and looking for the stages on this private estate. We hope you understand, after the event the trails will be closed, your only chance to ride these awesome stages will be at the event. We will announce more as the event draws nearer. If you need to book B&B then anywhere for Grizedale will be fine – Satterthwaite, Newby Bridge, Hawkshead, Ambleside etc
    Note we are offering free wild camping on site, and its very scenic too. No facilities, portaloos only but a lovely spot.

And please, if you think you know where it is don’t share your thoughts – we want this to be a great venue for many years.

Big thanks to the dig teams, more info about them later but obviously this is a big project with a large team of builders required.

Thanks

Kev, Mike and the team

Tracey

Sounds great. But then again all your events have been.

chakaping
    Free Member

All stages fresh cut,

Lap Elevation : High

Oh go on then, if you’re twisting my arm.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I reckon I know. (got it down to 2 anyway)

Won’t be entering though as I don’t want to die but will come and watch.

mikeep
    Free Member

Hope it’s gonna be better than Whinlatters “fresh cut” effort last year. That was a shocker.

Well when I say “fresh cut” it was more a case of taping the course and the riders will make the trail. 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden PMBA enduros at Gisburn and Grizedale, but the off-piste stuff has been the highlight at both.

kevduckworth

Thanks @chakaping in fairness Emduro’s can sometimes get bad weather at the wrong time and lots of people riding turns a trail to a mudpit. It can happen to any organiser.
    However here, with the relatively steep hill and rocky terrain there isnt much soil. Even if its still monsoon season it should be fine. Its pretty dry up there even last week.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

Can you practice on the Sunday morning?

Tracey

Abigale is in for all the seven. If only I was younger, fitter, faster and not waiting for another foot operation and pot.

samcamsdad

I’m in for round 4 and 6, when did they start charging for Saturday practice?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Assume it’s because they will need marshalls on the sat if it’s on private land? It’s only for round 4.

stcolin
    Free Member

Bollocks! Forgot about this and have only got entries for 5 and 7 this morning. Aw well, 5 out of the 7 isn’t bad.

Kahurangi

Does this round still clash with the Fort William DH?

I’m tempted, but had also wanted to do my first pilgrimage to Ft Bill to pay homage to Saint Pete. 😐

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it does, but I’ve booked on the PMBA – prefer riding to watching.

🙂

Tracey

Another 150 places for rounds 4 to 7 up for grabs at 8.00pm tonight

Kahurangi

prefer riding to watching

Me too, but I thought it’s about time that I took in a World Cup DH event and what better than Peaty’s last in the UK?

Guess I’ll have to make my mind up by 8 tonight!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Round 4 "Lakes" More info is out’ is closed to new replies.