Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hardcastle crags?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Went once when I was a kid. Don’t remember much about it other that I enjoyed it. What’s there? Do I need a map? (Walking)

darrenspink
    Free Member

What’s there? Nice countryside, a mill with shop and café, the stepping stones of course.

You won’t need a map, just park up and have a walk about.

bearnecessities

Map not needed. If you’re not a NT member, take the £5(?) parking charge, camera and packed lunch; that’s all you need.

RustySpanner

Go to Heptonstall whilst you’re there.

Interesting little place.
    Ruined church, nice caff, good pub food in The Cross.

Lots of walking routes available at the Tourist Info in Hebden, just depends how far you want to go – it’s all steep and usually very wet.
    🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

What’s there?

dog poo, on the floor and hanging from trees

maccruiskeen

What’s there?

A blue plaque to mark the spot where I slid uncontrollably down the valley side, giving myself a near-permanent wedgie in the process, before falling in the river

grum
    Free Member

As above there’s a few way marked routes and a cafe. Never seen any dog poo on the floor or in bags I don’t think. Riding bikes there not allowed though. 🙂

Good work maccruisekeen!

CHB

Great place for a walk, our Labrador loves it. The café has the best Eccles cakes and curd tarts I have ever tasted!

maccruiskeen

Good work maccruisekeen!

I was making art at the time – the performance aspect was unintended though.

grum
    Free Member

I suppose it’s too much to hope that there is a video of your performance? 🙂

jamesfts
    Free Member

dog poo, on the floor and hanging from trees

Sounds just like the Malvern hills!

maccruiskeen

I suppose it’s too much to hope that there is a video of your performance?

I wish there was – I was in the process of stretching a steel cable across the valley so that I could suspend an artwork overhead amongst the trees – so I as I went careering down the valley side a giant slinky of steel wire was spooling out behind me.

Scapegoat

Friend of mine remembers an exchange between a woman looking for the car par to the mill. When told she had to park and walk up the lane/track to the mill she shrieked that she had children with her, and how the hell were they going to walk all that way? The kids were six or seven.

It’s a great spot for a visit. We had a tour of the Eco power system and composting toilets when we visited with scouts, and the museum upstairs is worth a browse to see how folk spent their Sundays back in the day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hardcastle crags?’ is closed to new replies.