Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plumber bath waste advise…
  • prezet
    Free Member

Just had a new bath installed with one of those pop up waste thingys. When the bath isn’t full it works as expected with the pop up plug going up and down. However when the bath is full, the plug won’t rise – guessing this is down to the weight of the water…

Is there anyway of adjusting this? I’ve fiddled with the screw on the bottom of the plug. But are there any other adjusters I should be looking for?

Its one of these: http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Baths/Bath-Wastes/Bath-Pop-Up-Waste_167.html

footflaps

Just get rid, all those mechanical waste things just jam up after a while and become a PITA. Whereas a simple plug just works…

andybanks
    Free Member

jekkyl

*advice

andybanks
    Free Member

@prezet – I work at VP so have had a chat with our technical guys here for you.

The screw under the plug is what you’re looking for. The further out it is, the higher it will rise and the quicker it will drain. Try letting this screw out as far is it will go.

Around this screw is a brass locking ring. When the screw’s in the right position tighten this up and it will hold things in the right position.

If this doesn’t fix it, then just give our guys in the call center a bell on 0344 804 48 48 and they’ll look after you.

andybanks
    Free Member

I have now

Just being up front – I don’t work in customer service for VP, but am a regular forum user just trying to help out when I spotted this. It’s best to just call the customer service team on 0344 804 48 48 for anything like this that crops up.

I’ll pass that other thread onto someone here now.

EDIT -> I believe that other thread has been resolved today by someone here

prezet
    Free Member

Hey andybanks – thanks for that. Just wanted to clarify something before I give them a ring.

If I turn the dial one way should the plug go down by itself? because if I set the screw quite far out then it solves the problem of being able to drain the bath. But it will not descend on it’s own – I need to manually push it down.

However if I have the screw further it, then it descends on its own, but doesn’t have enough length to open the plug enough when the bath is full of water. I think the suction of the water exiting the plug sucks the plug back down.

Any advise would be great as I have the builders coming back tomorrow and I can let them know if the waste trap will need to be replaced.

jekkyl

*advice…….. I’ve told you once. 😉

bikebob

Probably not too helpful but
    Always buy quality plumbing parts taps waste etc. secondly avoid the cable plug systems. Keep it simple and go with a manual press, it will out last the cable and always work well
    Off course the above is my advice from personal experience and unfortunately I always appear to learn the hard way.

andybanks
    Free Member

I don’t know the product personally – but I suspect you may need to turn the knob in the opposite direction to close the plug

prezet
    Free Member

Yeah I do turn it but the plug fails to go down…

The sink has a nice manual plug which is spring loaded – push it down and it pops up. Is it possible to get similar for the bath?

andybanks
    Free Member

Looks like we have something like that – http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Baths/Bath-Wastes/

Best bet is call customer services tomorrow and they’ll be able to point you in the right direction

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Plumber bath waste advise…’ is closed to new replies.