Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any plumbers in? Surely this part should be included when you buy a shower kit!?
  • LenHankie

Just coming to the end of our bathroom installation to find that the thermostatic shower valve and rigid riser kit ( definitely sold as a complete kit) does not actually include a vital adaptor needed to connect the valve to the riser rail. Thinking this was a mistake, I contacted the company who sold us the kit (which is definitely marketed as a kit) to be told that ‘we don’t supply the adaptor as it depends on your existing plumbing’.

I’ve pointed out that ‘no, I’m just trying to connect the valve you have sold me to the rigid riser pipe you have sold me as a kit – There is only one way they can go together and it’s always the same’. They’ve now stopped responding to me. I can’t find such an adaptor anywhere on the internet. Would it normally come with the valve or the riser kit? Any ideas where I can find one? In this image it screws directly into the top of the valve and the pipe fits into it and is held in a compression joint by the big nut on top. The pipe is 18mm and the internal thread on the nut seems to be 22mm female.

Any suggestions gratefully received – oh, and avoid Victoria Plumb at all costs.

Pieface

Unless it states on the website that the adapter is sold separately, ask them for a refund under SoG / Distance selling regs, and then buy a Mira (Argos were cheap).

By the looks of it the fittings are specific to that shower, not your plumbing.

I may be wrong, but I never buy such components as a proprietary item e.g. VP own brand, I just think you pay over the odds for it. I know thats of little consolation to you.

If you paid by Credit Card cancel the payment. Or a polite message on their Facebook page will work well.

LenHankie

Yes, it’s definitely bespoke to the shower.

Was bought with a number of other items a few months ago, all of which have now been fitted (including the valve) so too late to return it now – but I just want them to supply me the adaptor! I can’t believe everyone else who bought this shower hasn’t raised the same problem.

prezet
    Free Member

I’ve just had a builder install a VP suite – really happy with it for the price. For the shower though I went for an Aqualisa.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any plumbers in? Surely this part should be included when you buy a shower kit!?’ is closed to new replies.