• This topic has 160 replies, 105 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • Please stop all this 29r marketing tosh!!! You don't fool me!!!
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

Fed up of the way the bike industry is going, forcing it in our faces that we must move with the times and buy a 29r!!! If they’re that good then why have they only just started to take off?? Gary fisher did a 69r a few year back why did that not take off?? It’s all about feeding the industry, like we must sell out 26rs and get with the times!!! Well I won’t be fooled by all the bull shit!! Nor can i afford it! Yes they may roll better over smooth arse berm baby berm shite tracks but I like me tech! And big flimsy wheels ain’t gonna do it for me, plus the fact they look like a circus bike! middle class celeb wannabes go ahead and spend yer brass! But to me it’s the most ridiculous bike invention since dual brake/gear.
    It’s like they’ve run out of ideas and so think why not make bigger wheels!!! Lets see who falls for it!!!!!

leffeboy

Applauds

pjm84
    Free Member

Hmmmm let me go and put the kettle on.

ton

i reckon you own a orange pussywillow………….. 😉

andyl46
    Free Member

Then stick with your 26er, and let us ride the 29ers. And dry your eyes. Sorted.

Bregante

🙂

I have one of each. 26er full sus and a 29er rigid. Neither is worser or betterer, just different.

imnotverygood

i take it you have extensively tested them?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They dont JUMP aswell. :lol:.26″ers will be hear to stay dont panic 😆

fenred
    Free Member

Poor troll, bad day at the office? Please try again….

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Oh look… a chip! Did that fall off your shoulder by some chance?

russjp
    Free Member

Steve jones from dirt magazine may disagree with you and he definitely likes it tech!

the_lecht_rocks

25 years on 26″ and now a 29″ convert……. Go figure………..

Leku
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwhlqRJ8LVA[/video]

charliedontsurf

Don’t believe anything from the industry.
    Question everything.

Look at jeff jones, he didn’t like the XC replica geometry and invented a different approach that works really well for its intended purpose. Clean sheet, fresh drawing board etc…. Oh and it’s a 29er…

Sincerely, question everything, including all the 26er lies you have been programmed with for 30 years.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Sounds like someone is jealous of the other childrens toys.

will
    Free Member

chvck
    Free Member

Why? Seems to be working rather well…

tk46hal
    Free Member

Ride and buy what you like, oh! 29er’s are rubbish! 😉

fenred
    Free Member

fenred » Poor troll, bad day at the office? Please try again….
    Why? Seems to be working rather well

Is isn’t it? Original statement stands 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mackem

29ers I can understand for tall people. What I cant understand is nearly 1k for a fork.

h4muf
    Free Member

Wake up and smell the wagon wheeled coffee…

tk46hal
    Free Member

You can spend £1k as well on a 26er fork not only 29er’s but you can buy a Reba 29er fork for £299. Not too bad!

mashiehood
    Free Member

could this be the best bike being made today? a 29er?

garage-dweller

Calm down dear it’s only a commercial.

Exclusively 26 here but a light rigid 29r could appeal.

1kcove
    Free Member

Pussywillow if you had one you would understand why people ride them, the yanks have been
    riding them for years. Also i like pissing over people on 26” bikes on the not so tech stuff. 😆

jameso

Tinfoil hat off lad..

and try a fat-tyred 650B?

trailster
    Free Member

Does the motor Bike industry do the same with off road bikes?

rOcKeTdOg

29ers are all hype, i looked at one once so I know all about them, mostly they are ridden by people who can’t ride 26ers properly and think a 29er will magic them some talent

vondally
    Free Member

Rocketdog……..that’s me that’s me…….
    29er here and 2.5 26ers (one is in bits)

All have pluses and minus points

seadog101

Like a lot of people I’m convinced. I can see that if you’re big/tall it could help with building a bike with better geometry, rolls along better on certain tracks….blah blah…

And now that those who can afford it have bought into the trend, along comes a nice 650b…..

clubber
    Free Member

There are some really stupid posts on this thread. From both sides. ( esp you RD 😉 )

mikey74
    Free Member

I agree that the marketing has gone over the top, but then again doesn’t it always… for everything? 29ers will not revolutionise mountain biking; not by any stretch of the imagination, but each to their own: If people want to spend their money on 29ers then they are welcome to.

I do tend to think that 29ers are a classic sign of the bike industry running out of ideas, or even just as a stop-gap, until the new revolution comes along.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup it’s all just marketing, honest 😆

I mean if there wasn’t demand for them, no one would make them would they. But then again there may only be demand due to people making them :mrgreen:

I rather like mine, I’m under 6ft, not exactly middle class but I am a celeb in my own little big wheeled (some of the time) world.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtQD4Z5aFE[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

clubber – Member

There are some really stupid posts on this thread. From both sides. ( esp you RD )

how dare you! 😛

IanW
    Free Member

Kinda liked those brake and shifter things.

Cheezpleez

I honestly thought I’d be able to resist this one, being a relative short arse, but now I’ve tried one Ithink my next rigid ss will be a 29er. Can’t see myself ditching 26 in wheels for more tech stuff though

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s like fashion innit? Some people follow the fashion, some don’t. What I don’t get is, if It’s been around for years, why has it taken so long to catch on? (bit like the Jimmy Saville thing, I mean thats taken a few years to raise it’s ugly head).
    So they’ve re-invented the wheel? What’s the next invention as far as wheel size is concerned?
    (I have ridden a 29er BTW)

simonr2011
    Free Member

Would you buy a brand new Ferrari just because of marketing ? probably not.

Marketing is everywhere and we buy what we want or can afford. If like a lot of us you have more than one bike why not have a 29er, I have a Rumblefish 29er full susser and love it but also have a couple of hard tails and a CX bike.

I think I have enough sense to choice the correct bike for the type or riding.

Can I go now ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Please stop all this 29r marketing tosh!!! You don't fool me!!!’ is closed to new replies.