Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • please recommend me a coat
  • jakeclyro
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking at getting a new coat. I want something waterproof and warm. Originally wanted something fairly lightwieght but am tempted at getting something that could replace my skiing jacket. can’t make up my mind!

i have been looking at the north face website, there is almost to much choice!

any recommendations would be appreciated!

Basil

Check out the Patagonia website, Then buy it from Ebay.

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe a nice Crombie?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Finisterre always worth a look – warm, waterproof, stylish.

redthunder
    Free Member

Aldi or Lidl.

They have done me fine over the years.

Riksbar

the Triple Aught Design Spectre hardshell
    This intrigues me strangely.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Second the Finisterre suggestion…

I have a Matanuska M65 in olive green, I note that they are half-price at the moment!

http://tinyurl.com/24uxlvd

I’ve just ordered one of their Etobicoke insulated jackets as well, might use it as a mid-layer for cold days up the mountain as well as general use.

binners

I’ve recently got one of these

http://www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/M-A-F/23337M/0/Men/Apparel/Filters/Mens/Altair

And I didn’t pay anywhere near that price. Very warm, dry and toasty it is too

djglover
    Free Member

I have a lot of coats, and the one that gets the most use in winter is my howies puffer jacket. Until I went to the howies sale and saw it for 50 quid I’d have never considered a puffer jacket, thought they were a bit ‘chav’, but they are brilliant, really warm in freezing weather, not to warm when it gets mild. I have waterproof jackets, softshells, peacoat etc. But every winter the coat of choice always seems to be the howies puffer.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with down jackets/vests.

Just about everyone in Canada wears them. I lived in my Penfield down vest out there.

CountZero

Arcteryx do really nice, but pretty pricey jackets, they seem to be very popular with various BBC outdoor presenters like Alice Roberts.

langy
    Free Member

Arc’tery is £££… But I have one and it was worth it (was a pro-deal too which helped heaps!) and I used to work for North Face, so, ya know…

However, my North Face Nuptse Vest (puffer/down) is the thing I’ve used the absolute most; be it London, Colorado or now, Australia.

loddrik
    Free Member

Rab Summit Batura, fully waterproof down jacket, definitely the way to go. Not cheap though…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘please recommend me a coat’ is closed to new replies.