Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Playgroup/school parent cliques
  • bazookajoe
    Free Member

Just reading this Mothers fear playgroup cliques and wondering about others experience. When we moved into our current house/area No. 1 daughter was then in P4 and it was so obviously cliquey among parents and I can see how this would put be off-putting to parents in general and especially those with low confidence and self-esteem particularly. Anyone else experience the parent cliques at schools/playgroups? Are you in the clique? Are you an outcast? Does it bother you? Do you make an effort to get on with other parents? For my part, I’m antisocial so I can’t be bothered with the cliques though I did hear a good one the other morning after dropping off No.2 at nursery – one mum to the other “Oh, when I said the other day you were a lady of leisure I didn’t mean anything bad by that”. Awkward. How I chuckled.

Junkyard
    Free Member

my ex wife is in the clique I am most definetly not in the clique.
    I am an outcast but tbh i was pre divorce and even more so now.
    It does not bother me in the slightest as it it has easily weeded out the pretentious middle class whiners [ they whinge and the drink wine so this is what i call them]from my immediate social circle and i dont even have to pretned to be polite to them when our paths cross at school.

I have real friends I dont need these people

druidh
    Free Member

Cliques = a group of friends?
    If you turn up at a trail centre on your own, do you feel that everyone else is in a clique and you are an outcast – or do some of these folk maybe know each other?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Scamper
    Free Member

I’ve got friends who send their kids to the same school. One actually said to the other on discovering they had been invited around to dinner by some other parents, “you can’t see them socially, they are our friends” 😆

binners

Junkyard. Are you sure you’re not me? That’s my situation down to a tee. I am viewed with a mixture of contempt and pity. Suits me fine! They’re a bunch of aspirational, right on, yoghurt-knitters*

* I was going to say whiney middle class cock-bags, but that would be rude

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a “whiney middle class cock_bag” and I clique all the time..

Grip

Gatta

Re arrange that outcasts..

“points finger, giggles, raises eyebrow and runs off laughing”

Stoner
    Free Member

Blimey, how the other half live! 😉

As far as I can tell* there arent any “cliques” at Stoner Jr’s school, but then it’s only his first term at a relaxed, rural school. Mrs S has joined the governors though for some proper Jones-baiting.

I drink with some of the other parents in the local, others we meet when the kids get together to play. Not sure if Ive been snubbed, dissed, NFI’d or backstabbed yet, but will keep you posted.

* this may be the problem.

GW
    Free Member

Druidh- your kid at School yet?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Cliques = a group of friends?

Almost.

Clique = group of friends who make sure ‘outsiders’ know they’re not welcome in the group and make no effort to speak to or include others

Cliques seem to be mostly a female phenomenon

druidh
    Free Member

GW – Member
    Druidh- your kid at School yet?

GW – S5. Probably a bit old for you?

druidh
    Free Member

I’m guessing the folk who feel like they are outcasts are the same ones that complain when every random passing cyclist doesn’t step off their bike, rush over, shake them warmly by the hand and offer them a hearty “good day”?

GW
    Free Member

strange you don’t know what a clique is then.

joao3v16
    Free Member

every random passing cyclist doesn’t step off their bike

Can you have a one-man clique?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Binners sometimes I go out my way to be really friendly with them or their kids as they hate that- having to be polite because the kids can see/hear – that is their achilles heel have fun and dont forget to tell them they are looking well or praise them- they are so polite and middle class it puts them into a loop where they get confused about saying thank you or something nice back or being rude and ignoring you 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Cliques” are there to support each other and belittle “outlanders”

binners

Its definitely a female thing. Blokes don’t give a flying one, as life’s too short. The women do the whole right-on, relaxed, liberal, live-and-let-live thing.

Until you dare to do something they don’t agree with, that is. Then they collectively become more judgmental than an TV Evangelist from Idaho

hora
    Free Member

cliques – I don’t do them. I also don’t think about them or over-think a social situation. Mrshora is the same and seems to be someone thats friends with everyone of any type.

I’ve always seen the ‘Jones syndrome’ as an insecurity complex.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Deffo at yinn jnr’s nursery and school.
    I CGAS personally, but it annoys me that the mothers behave like this. More so when jnr was younger and he went a couple of mornings to nursery with mrs yinn. One bunch of mums just sat talking and completely ignored my OH. Shes prob about 15-20 years older than then at least and because shes not from their social / peer group they just blanked her.
    Deffo a mother thing. Not even a friendly hello. F em all.

monkeyp

As a male who does a 4 day week so is involved in taking my son to school, picking him up every day and looking after my pre school daughter, I get involved in the Mums Clique – mostly as a strange and obscure curiosity.

Strangely I haven’t been invited to a coffee morning yet…

terrahawk
    Free Member

bloody hell you lot are bit paranoid and insecure….
    Do you all go to pick your kids up after a couple of bongs?
    Well pack it in then!
    😉

mcboo
    Free Member

Some of you guys are mental

tomaso
    Free Member

I’m not out and I’m not in the clique. I dip into it lightly but really can’t be arsed as none of the mums are fit enough 😈

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Playgroup/school parent cliques’ is closed to new replies.