• This topic has 112 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Planet X have reached a new low
  • mattbiltong
    Free Member

Don’t post often and certainly not to publicly slag off shops….but after the recent accounts of poor planet X customer service though it was worth a mention for those interested.

Returned a lower crown/steerer from a set of 3 ride old 2014 boxxers to planet x after the steerer tube started pulling out of the crown. (I agree its a weird one, headset not overtightened but came kept coming loose. Inspection revealed lip between bottom of crown and steerer and new metal showing where bottom race sits).

Planet X report they will have to return crown to fishers(sram)for technical inspection. Fair enough, anyhow I receive the crown back with a covering note saying there was no fault and “no further action to be taken”. Pretty gobsmacked as its pretty clear whats happened.

After some more go between with emails, an LBS who deal with Sram offered to send the forks back to fishers. Thinking a different approach may work, you can imagine my surprise when fishers report they have never seen the part! Not only that, they’ve agreed to replace the crown due to the fault and within a 4 day turn around no questions asked.

I don’t enjoy feeling thoroughly mugged off, were planet x hoping I’d just go away and ride until my forks fell apart?

Not one to hold grudges, off up the woods now on my sparkly turd 456 (not with said boxxers on).

Jamie
    Free Member

Brant’s going to have to break out the really fancy biscuits for this one.

taffy
    Free Member

Poor.. having basically failed to do anything then lied about returning the obviously broken and warrantied part to the supplier. poor and lazy.

taxi25
    Free Member

WOWW !!! 😯 😯

cleanerbybike
    Free Member

Did you furnish said LBS with some photos of the queen for their trouble?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its superstar and planet X customer service fail week..
    Will a small packet of Haribo make it better?

michaelbowden

That’s not a Customer Service fail. That’s a proper professional duty of care fail, that should be someone losing thier job.

woody2000

Maybe PX did send them back and maybe Fishers returned them and said they were ok. When your LBS returned them, maybe someone at Fishers realised they’d made a mistake and are trying to cover their arses by saying they haven’t seen them.

Maybe…….

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

andylaightscat
    Free Member

woody2000, do you work for PX? You seem to have the inside knowledge 😛

cfinnimore
    Free Member

There’s always some prick assuming someone should be sacked on these threads.

Brant to the rescue again, probably.

hora
    Free Member

Do you work for the redtops OP?

Frankers
    Free Member

Cheap parts or not, I’m avoiding them in future.

hora
    Free Member

I said the same about Winstanleys over Lyriks.

I still buy from them though…cheap beats expensive

scotroutes

It’s possible PX didn’t send them back to Fishers, but someone else. If they are buying parts outwith the UK then Fishers aren’t responsible for warranty.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Did Binners give that dog those biscuits? Does the owner know?

brianp
    Free Member

Can the dog whip his head sideways and catch and eat the biscuits like my grandma’s dog, Glen, could do?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Ive thought brand appeared when some one said his name? I’m confused???

allthepies
    Free Member

Brant radar engaged.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

You need to say his name three times…… 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

There is as much a chance this is fishers/the distributors fault as much as planet x.

I’ve sent the same item twice on couple of occasions to suppliers for them to go back on their word. Could be the warranty guy missing it or just a gesture of goodwill.

Also boxxers on a 456???

LoCo
    Free Member

Is the serial number on the back of the lower crown? ( think it is from memory) in which case Fishers would have a log of any dealings with the set of forks from an earlier visit.

Edit: you have boxxers on a 456?!

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: you have boxxers on a 456?!

I have seen them fitted to less gnarly wheels.

mattbiltong
    Free Member

Someone’s telling fibs somewhere along the line, the LBS do have a good relationship with fishers so i’d be surprised if they were lied to. Good result in the end, but a lot of faffing for what should have been a simple warranty replacement.

Edit: quite clearly says NOT with said boxxers on, agreed that would be somewhat overkill.

chip
    Free Member

I need to know who is exactly at fault here, as I have removed the corks from the prongs of my pitchfork,and as with a Gurkhas Kukri it now must taste blood. So unless we get to the bottom of this I will have to give myself a stiff prodding.

Basil

Without prejudice, if a cycle retailer is told of a serious and potentially dangerous part failure/fault, with obvious substantiating evidence ie. new metal showing. Would you not disagree and push the supplier further?
    Return part to valued customer?

brant
    Free Member

Odd one that.
    Those Boxxers came from Fishers.
    No idea why they wouldn’t have gone back.

I shall investigate.

daveh
    Free Member

I have seen them fitted to less gnarly wheels.

So wrong but so funny! 😈 😆

hatter

Planet x’s entire business model is based around circumventing official channels to get parts as cheaply as possible, I would be stunned if those boxers had been anywhere near Fisher’s warehouse before your very helpful LBS sent them back.

The trouble for a shop with buying dodgy grey import under the counter is that the people selling them don’t offer any warranty, warranty costs and selling parts with no comeback means they’re cheaper but when an item comes back faulty the retailer alone is on the hook as they bypassed the U.K. Importer who is responsible for maintaining and staffing the warranty department.

On a high ticket item like some boxxers it’s a big hit for planet x to take so it looks like they’ve tried to pass the buck and avoid Having to refund or replace your forks as it saves them quite a lot of money. With no access to the U.K. Service centre it wouldn’t be easy to get them repaired either.

Just be aware that both Fishers and your LBS have been shafted by planet x, both by losing out on the original sale and now being left to pick up the pieces.

Personally I’d return the forks to planet x demanding a full refund and ordering a replacement set from the aforementioned LBS who have plainly demonstrated their customer service credentials.

I’m sure Brant is a lovely chap but constantly having to act as a fig leaf on here whenever his employers shaft someone must be getting old.

brant
    Free Member

Planet x’s entire business model is based around circumventing official channels to get parts as cheaply as possible, I would be stunned if those boxers had been anywhere near Fisher’s warehouse before your very helpful LBS sent them back.

The Boxxers came from Fishers.

ampthill

Maybe Hatter was slow composing his message but that made me laugh…

hatter

If that is Indeed the case then consider me stunned…

Great to hear that there is no reason for planet x to get them fixed then and that the failure to send them to fishers the first time was to down to laziness and not greed.

brant
    Free Member

If that is Indeed the case then consider me stunned.
    IF

I’m really not going to play the “are you calling me a liar” card, as my primary concern is to investigate why a customer has been given a bum steer by our staff.

My reputation is all I have to move forward with, and as such, when I say “they came from fishers”, that’s where they came from.

We took a big bunch of clearance stock from them and these Boxxers were part of that.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

1. Couldn’t be bothered to send my Reverb
    2. Couldn’t be bothered to put my bike through the workshop
    3. Couldn’t be bothered straightening my wheels

I can’t be bothered using them again.

bigjim

return crown to fishers(sram)for technical inspection. Fair enough, anyhow I receive the crown back with a covering note saying there was no fault and “no further action to be taken”

If its any consolation I’m grumpy with Fishers this week too for returning an RS fork without doing anything under the warranty. I’m not blaming the shop I bought them from though.

HOWEVER I can join you in grumpiness with Planet X as the Lurcher frame I received today has no dropouts at all despite it saying on the website “Dropout – Swapout (vertical supplied with frame, horizontal available)”

Twin
    Free Member

“my primary concern is to investigate why a customer has been given a bum steer by our staff”

bum steerer?

timidwheeler
    Free Member

It’s the new standard.

brant
    Free Member

HOWEVER I can join you in grumpiness with Planet X as the Lurcher frame I received today has no dropouts at all despite it saying on the website “Dropout – Swapout (vertical supplied with frame, horizontal available)”

Sorry to hear that.
    Do you have a request in to sort that?

duntstick
    Free Member

“Sorry to hear that”……………………….It’s getting old! And corporate

bigjim

Sorry to hear that.
    Do you have a request in to sort that?

No but I will, its OK I’m only grumpy not angry, if its any consolation the frame looks great for the cash. Your warehouse is a bit dusty though!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Planet X have reached a new low’ is closed to new replies.