• This topic has 112 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Planet X have reached a new low
  • kevin1911

That’s a bit harsh duntstick. How many other corporates come on here too contribute, put their hands up when things go wrong and personally try to sorry things out. If what the op says turns out to be correct and not just crossed wires somewhere, he has every right to be very po’d. But Brant offering to personally investigate what has happened goes way beyond what any other big online shop would do. IMHO of course B-)

brant
    Free Member

No but I will, its OK I’m only grumpy not angry, if its any consolation the frame looks great for the cash. Your warehouse is a bit dusty though!

We have dropouts. Copy me in. Will get some out Monday.
    Sorry

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

HOWEVER I can join you in grumpiness with Planet X as the Lurcher frame I received today has no dropouts at all despite it saying on the website “Dropout – Swapout (vertical supplied with frame, horizontal available)”

I had that with a Scandal frame. No dropout. Was made to feel like I was lying to them, when I called them up. ‘its between the chainstays’ I was continually being told. Also said I didn’t have the bolt to put it on the frame as missing. Got the bike a few days before Christmas, eventually got the dropout first week after the new year. Glad I had another bike to ride over the 10 days leave I had 🙄

duntstick
    Free Member

That’s a bit harsh duntstick

I can’t be arsed to find the posts where things are going to get better in this that and the other dept…………… It clearly isn’t happening. Good to see that someone is trying to keep things working on a forum though.

bigjim

We have dropouts. Copy me in. Will get some out Monday.
    Sorry

No worries will drop an email, its OK its not a biggy and I feel bad for moaning on here and contributing to the snowball of hate but as you know its too easy. Fwiw I used to do some customer support for a music software company that had an online forum and I know it is like having loads of faceless people complaining about things, especially when they are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Its quite brave for individuals from companies to interact publically online, the other one I can think of is John P from Yeti on the yeti mtbr forum who also manages to be very diplomatic. I’ve seen spectacular fallouts for at least one company from getting too caught up in online bickering on said music software forum!

user-removed
    Free Member

chip – Member
    I need to know who is exactly at fault here, as I have removed the corks from the prongs of my pitchfork,and as with a Gurkhas Kukri it now must taste blood.

My stepdad had his grandad’s kukri in the attic. I’d been told in no uncertain terms it was NEVER to be unsheathed without spilling blood.

My spoiled mate came over to play, found the knife and pulled it out of its sheath, despite my ardent protestations. He laughed but as he rammed it back in, it nearly took his fingers off due to the huge split in the sheath 😀

brant
    Free Member

No worries will drop an email, its OK its not a biggy

You gave us money. We sent you a frame you can’t build.

I’ll fix it. Sorry.

downgrade
    Free Member

Because someone has to do it:

I’ve had an Inbred (frame), Pomp and a Kaffenback from Planetx/onone, and various other bits and pieces as well. Only problem I’ve ever had was some wee **** nicked my Inbred.

krixmeister

A couple of points. As @kevin1911 said – fair dues to PX/OO – they come on the forums, and try to assist when their customer service processes break. Every large retailer has issues, not every large retailer actively participates in the online community.

Also re:

Planet x’s entire business model is based around circumventing official channels to get parts as cheaply as possible,

I believe it is safe to say that every large online retailer’s business model is based around circumventing channels. Amazon, iTunes store, etc. At least some blame in general (although, apparently and according to Brant not in this instance) should be given to SRAM and other manufacturers who have yet to offer worldwide warranties. On this forum there are numerous posts from people traveling with their bikes to various locations around the world to ride. The idea of a country-specific warranty in today’s environment is anachronistic; manufacturers should stand behind their products wherever in the world they break. From my own personal experience, Shimano and Giant have provided me warranty support outwith the country I bought their products in; SRAM should step up, and/or make that part of their local distributors’ remit for distribution.

iain65
    Free Member

Can I just say that I am always impressed when ‘the boss’ gets involved in a forum, probably with no chance of winning a debate as it’s one against many.

I will continue to buy from Planet X as they represent good value on many parts, I hope I will not be let down by customer service but I am definitely willing to take the risk due to competitive pricing.

When running a company it’s not always easy to get the overhead level correct to provide the perfect service and low prices….. It’s always easy to criticise!

boblo
    Free Member

As an aside, Hatter’s fig leaf/olive branch confusion just as he was fit to burst made me giggle. Thank you 🙂

stufield
    Free Member

I say fair play to brant, things go wrong from time to time, it’s not that companies are perfect it’s how the deal with any problems that matter.

thelostboy

I think not only fair play to Brant for getting on the forum and trying to resolve an issue, but fair play for doing so at gone 11pm on a Friday night! Wouldn’t get that from many bosses.

timc
    Free Member

duntstick – Member
    “Sorry to hear that”……………………….It’s getting old! And corporate

You have made this comment in relation to some missing dropouts, whilst not ideal for the guy above buying the frame I think its good of Brant to front out these things. Running a business isn’t easy you know, mistakes like missing dropouts happen & they happen to the best of people at the best of companies, never mind to us mere mortals! its just one of those things, if its fixed up quick & easy then its not that big of a deal.

Obviously the OP’s original post is a bit more concerning but jumping to conclusions often isn’t wise, lets see the outcome, crossed wires just as likely as foul play.

mudplugga
    Free Member

For what its worth my first dealings with planet x were positive. Lurcher frame was supplied quickly ,however with 2 disc side horizontal dropouts and no mounting bolts. Quick phone call and next day a set of bolts and new dropout FOC. happy!

ratadog

Because someone has to do it:

Had several frames, one complete bike and lots of other bits from PX/OO over the last 5+ years and no issues apart from royal mail taking a week to deliver one parcel back to PX without bringing it here first. When I was starting out as a mid life crisis mountain biker Brant showed much patience in answering my daft queries.

I actually find it a plus point that I know that if I was to have a problem I have a fair chance of getting it sorted even if it is by a slightly unconventional manner.

Euro
    Free Member

In the interest of balance

andymc06
    Free Member

Hurray! My turn to be messed about by On-one. Ordered an C456 evo from the ebay promotion at the weekend. Got a despatch notice saying delivery on the 28th. Didn’t arrive. Then get a new despatch notice from ebay. Frame arrived yesterday with a small chip in the seat stay. Rang customer services who advised me to send in pics. Did that. Rang them back. CS said that they could offer a replacement or possibly an offer of compensation. I opted for the latter given I had stayed in for two days waiting for the last delivery. This request was sent off for authorisation and I was told that I would get a response before 6pm but it shouldn’t be a problem. Low and behold no response. No e-mail this morning. Rang up again and had to start at square one with a new CS rep. He says that the ebay promotion “might have been sold as seen” which it certainly was not. After some delay I am told I have to return the frame for replacement using collect plus wasting yet more of my time. What a great experience!

gogg
    Free Member

So in summary, customer buys a heavily discounted product on-line, is dissatisfied with it and returns for full refund at no cost.

Such a hard life.

To top it off, I bet your boiled eggy-weg was to hard/soft this morning (delete as appropriate).

X

andymc06
    Free Member

Yeah. I should have to contact them three times, explain it fully three times, no one contacts me as promised and then waste more of my time returning via collect plus. You knob!

It was their promotion. Discount does not mean you should expect an inferior product or service.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Gogg.

You need to at least try, and hide the bias.

jp-t853

thelostboy – Member

I think not only fair play to Brant for getting on the forum and trying to resolve an issue, but fair play for doing so at gone 11pm on a Friday night! Wouldn’t get that from many bosses.

In a large business the boss should not be micro managing orders. The bosses time is better spent fixing structural problems otherwise he will be stuck in a spiral.

How many upset customers do not have his STW ear and never do business with them again.

scotroutes

FWIW, brant isn’t the boss…..

… he’s just zis guy, you know!

Jamie
    Free Member

Brant’s predicament always reminds me of Clerks.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJpZad8zU8[/video]

vincienup
    Free Member

Leaving the OO/PX thing alone although I also have reason not to go back there despite Brant’s efforts, and this thread is getting pretty flamey already. Armchair and biscuits made me smile, though!

This idea of local warranties puzzles me greatly. I had a mobile phone die around Christmas – no fault of mine, 13months old and still well inside contract. Clear part or software defect. Manufacturer denied all responsibility as did network. Both denied being ‘vendor’ for legal purposes and insisted it was the other parties’ problem. Eventually, network remembered what a valued customer I was and offered to refund the repair by manufacturer if I paid for it – through discounted bills, not cash mind you. I only got that far after asking where to serve the Small Claims paperwork a month or so in after trying to sort it out amicably. Frankly, it’s getting that I’m surprised when any company stands behind it’s product.

Good to see the usual posts bashing OP for expecting a smooth service and/or what they paid for, though. They really help these threads along.

enfht
    Free Member

This thread has put be off ever using OO/PX.

Gogg does appear to have a vested interest, maybe planted by a competitor to ruin the brand…

ampthill

Am I the only one who can see that

Yes the Op was badly treated by OO/PX

But that they would buy from OO/PX because

a. Most transactions don’t go wrong (I think I’ve had 5 but it might be 6 or 7 all fault free, how many have you had?)

b. The money saved is worth a small risk of hassle

c. I’m sure if I have a major problem it will be resolved

fervouredimage
    Free Member

This thread has put be off ever using OO/PX.

Likewise. They do some to screw things up quite often. I know that for every cock up there will be a dozen trouble free transactions that you never hear about but the bad press on here is working.

gogg
    Free Member

AndyMc06 -Discount does not mean you should expect an inferior product or service.

My father always told me that you get what you pay for…

Pay less, you’ll almost always get poorer service.

waste more of my time returning via collect plus

Less than if you had to wait in all day for a courier to collect and in reality, no more time than if you had bought from a physical store and had to return it. I understand your frustration at having to call them three times, but beyond that, what’s the problem?? If you’re going to shop online factor in a percentage for “not quite what I wanted, I may have to return it”, is the saving enough to justify that “faff factor”?? I’ve seen plenty of posts on here from folk saying they order a bunch of stuff and return what doesn’t fit/they don’t like at the sellers expense, surely it cuts both ways, every now and again?

Thank you for abusing me for having an opinion. 😉
    Love you too!
    X

Jamie, I’m no fan of the big online box shifters with their grey market imports, shop at a couple of LBSs. Order online when they’re unable to get what I need in a reasonable timescale.

gogg
    Free Member

Gogg does appear to have a vested interest, maybe planted by a competitor to ruin the brand…

WHAT? I was supporting the brand? Saying that the guy was moaning about having had to make three phone calls & drop a box off at a shop. Hardly the end of the world is it?

Jamie
    Free Member

WHAT? I was supporting the brand? Saying that the guy was moaning about having had to make three phone calls & drop a box off at a shop. Hardly the end of the world is it?

I did wonder about enfht’s post. Didn’t seem to make sense.

andymc06
    Free Member

Not the end of the world, just a valid reason for a conment on a thread about poor service I thought. My egg was fine this morning btw 😀

gogg
    Free Member

I’m glad to hear it.

A runny/hard egg at the start of the day can ruin it for me. Although not as much as being on day-care duty when the weather’s this good….

Frankers
    Free Member

I think they should stop concentrating on producing bikes with lame names and stupid graphics, and work more on looking after their customer base

brand
    Free Member

You called?

allthepies
    Free Member

I detect a druidh sockpuppet 🙂

Speshpaul

“Can I just say that I am always impressed when ‘the boss’ gets involved in a forum”

Eh! if I was in a senior position in a company and had to go to a forum where my brand was pretty much built, to apologise for crap service, there would some employees thinking hard about their futures.

If I was doing EVER WEEK………………

Jamie
    Free Member

You called?

I hope it was worth the 4hr wait.

Either way, I admire the dedication.

daveh
    Free Member

No worries will drop an email, its OK its not a biggy

Wait till you get your bolts and they’re the wrong ones because they’ve changed how the dropouts mount. And then when you do get the right ones you can only get the allen key into 3 of them because 1 has been badly made…

brand
    Free Member

How would you know about that Jamie, eh, eh? 😉

It had to be done thought didn’t it?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Planet X have reached a new low’ is closed to new replies.