Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Place's that make use of unwanted bike bits.
  • theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve been having a bit of a clearcut via the classifieds, and have been left with a few odd bits that won’t go, and with postage it isn’t worth dropping the price. Equally I have bars, stems and cassette’s etc I didn’t put up in the first place for similar reasons. Anyone know of any scheme’s or charities etc that could put this stuff to good use. It’s all in good nick, just some of it budget/ crc clearance type stuff.
    Ta

ton

i sent a frame and some bits here.

http://www.re-cycle.org/

cpon
    Free Member

Try searching for somewhere in your local town. In York we’ve at least two bike recycling shops that would be grateful for parts. One collects all the scrapped bikes from the city’s tips too.

orangespyderman

EDIT : Never mind, just re-read the post and I sounded like a real arse.

amedias
    Free Member

There are loads of cycle recycle schemes and charities all over the country, google is your friend and find one locally you can drop the stuff in to. (Tell us where you are and we might be able to help!)

If you’re anywhere near Exeter drop me a mail and I’ll steer you towards the one I help run down here.

rockhopper70

There is one in Hebden Bridge and a new one in Sowerby Bridge, both social projects.
    I handed over my old rockhopper to the one in Hebden.
    Although if you have any riser bars in 25.4 flavour, you might want to review the wanteds section!

theboatman
    Free Member

Cheers Ton, I can drop the bits in at my local Halfords for that scheme.

And, yes, should gave Google’d. Seems I could also have used these guys local ish to me.

Thanks all.

SimonR

That’s a good reminder … been meaning to take some bits to these folks for a while now .. https://www.lifecycleuk.org.uk/derby

tjagain

Bike station in Scotland

frankconway

The pedallers arms in leeds; i can arrange to meet you if you’re in the region but not planning to be in leeds.
    Let me know; email in profile.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Place's that make use of unwanted bike bits.’ is closed to new replies.