Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Pivot Firebird – am I crazy
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Single pivots feel sprightly on the climbs.. often making folk say they are really efficient.. and they are,but not when the going gets rough compared to some other designs.

If you think Ibis or Turner pay to use DW as the 2nd best option after single pivot.. like someone said earlier,you are smoking crack. 😆

To be honest,I can think of 30lb+ bikes with dw or maestro that I could nail technical climbs on far easier than my old heckler. Even the superlight would be left for dead regardless of the weight difference.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I’m a big guy so struggled to keep the air in it after removal of the pump as the small leak when you remove it caused massive pressure loss.

The air is from (if the pump is working correctly) the barrel of the pump. When you refit the pump it will show approx 10psi lower on the gauge as it needs to refill the barrel. If you lose more,then yer pump is duff.

twebeast
    Free Member

@thedon. Thanks for your judgement.

The FB is in the same bracket as any other modern 160mm enduro bike. A lot of folk ride 160mm forks / bikes in Surrey.

As I say, having ridden a Mojo SL previously, the FB gives nothing away on pedaling or climbing, so why not. There are plenty of upsides.

Rorschach
    Free Member

A lot of folk ride 160mm forks / bikes in Surrey.

The case for the prosecution rests m’lud.

continuity
    Free Member

The case for the prosecution rests m’lud.

The jury finds the defendant guilty of being a huge nancy.

twebeast
    Free Member

whatever

continuity
    Free Member

High single pivots do have some “things” going for them. The idea that efficient translation of pedal forces in climbs and minimal squat is one of these “things” demonstrates exactly how astute this forum is.

Lifer
    Free Member

These are my favourite threads, where everybody knows exactly what/where an how everyone else is riding.

Objectionable arse with a chip on shoulder for extra points. Good work all round.

BTW linkage driven SP FTMFW

wrecker
    Free Member

Ride what you want to. You don’t have to justify it to anyone, certainly not STW, objectionable arseholes or not.
    Personally, I hope Twebeast has a riot riding his firebird in the Surrey hills.

adrianbarsanti
    Free Member

Wow – this thread has gone crazy. Ask a simple question, open a can of worms.
    I honestly reckon 90% of why we ride what we ride is down to looks, the other 10% is “mechanics” and “ride-dynamics”. For me it cmes down to, I want a 160mm travel bike for a bit more play, Firebird looks nice, Meta SX looks good and Mojo HD also looks hot. Gonna try them all out and see which one has the best “ride-dynamics” and all that blurb.
    Off to Dolomites in Sept for a few days. I’m sure the 5 will more than cope and I’ll enjoy every moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Pivot Firebird – am I crazy’ is closed to new replies.