Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pivot bearing replacement: bike shop near hudds needed
  • spawnofyorkshire

Hey folks,

the pivot bearings on my Boardman FS are goosed and i need to get them swapped out.
    Halfords are stupid money for 6 bearings so I’m after a shop in the Huddersfield region that can measure up, order in and fit the bearings for me

I did think about doing it myself but a touch nervous about it as not done anything like that before

woody2000
    swg911
    Free Member

I’d happily recommend Cycle-fast.co.uk based in halifax. Dave there swapped the bearings on my orange 5 a couple of months ago – very reasonable. Added bonus is you can drop off/pick up in the evening

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve used Bob loads of times for other stuff. I’ll give him a bell to see if it’s up his street
    If he doesn’t work out I’ll try cycle-fast. Their prices look very reasonable

thanks

sandwicheater

Colin at Sowerby Brothers in Mirfield (a tad out of Hudds), great guy.

mintimperial

+1 for Bob at Velocity.

andybrad

cycle fast in halifax will be half the price of anywhere else. And you can drop it off in the evenings

sandwicheater

Has a new bike shop opened in H town above the Golf shop (near B&Q) on the way in from the M62?

Anyone been in?

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve emailed both Bob at Velocity and Cycle Fast to see if they can help.
    Spoke to Sowerby brothers and they can help but were a bit vague
    Thanks for you advice folks

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Which boardman bike do you have?

Rscott
    Free Member

Went in to bike shed on leeds road today. (ONE MENTION Above) on a recommendation from a lad I used to ride with. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Ended up buying a rotor and feel it could well become my Lbs

sandwicheater

@Rscott, is it above that golf shop? Just caught it out of the corner of my eye the other day while driving past.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sowerby brothers were great at this for me in the past. The (new, not the Scissett one) bikeshed looks like a proper MTB friendly shop, if I were still in the area I’d try them. They were nice guys when I spoke to them at Honley Show.

As ever, avoid Wheelspin like the plague.

nick1962
    Free Member

Spen velo in Cleckheaton have been recommended on here before but I haven’t actually used them myself yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pivot bearing replacement: bike shop near hudds needed’ is closed to new replies.