Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Pink Floyd
  • slowoldman

Well if you get down to the basics of Pink Floyd you will find it’s twelve bar blues.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Probably … But there’s a lot of mush loaded on top, I do think Mr Gilmour is a truly talented individual who appears to do a lot of good work for charity etc but it simply doesn’t relate to my musical past – it’s a personal view rather than an artistic appraisal

neilthewheel

Marmalade
    I like marmalade…

doof_doof
    Free Member

slowoldman

Marmalade
    I like marmalade…

Thank you Alan.

moshimonster
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Pink Floyd. Pretty unique band with their own style, great musicians and plenty of imagination. Live shows were immense too. Some might say pretentious even, but they could walk the walk.

kelvin

[video]http://youtu.be/Ak0NfkRhZGI[/video]

iffoverload
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ResQFDDsDAI[/video]

mt
    Free Member

Like everything they have done right up to Animals. It ended there for me. By that time I was wandering around with blue or red hair, drain pipes, 88 boots and a ripped t-shirt. The 70’s were ace for music, late 60’s were good also but it all came together in the 70’s.

JCL
    Free Member

DSOTM is the second best concept album of all time after OK Computer. Lofty praise indeed.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Pink Floyd. Pretty unique band with their own style, great musicians and plenty of imagination. Live shows were immense too. Some might say pretentious even, but they could walk the walk.

Agreed, I always like my music to come from musicians, rather than style icons with a “social message”

kelvin

It ended there for me.

I thought exactly the same for twenty years.
    Very surprised to now really rate Division Bell and all sorts of solo bits and pieces…

Where The a Wind Blows soundtrack has a few brilliant songs by Waters.
    Night Of A Thousand Furry Toys, Waves and Far From The Harbour Wall all worth checking by Wright.
    Plenty of lovely moments to be found on On An Island also, and check out Island Jam

Oh, and hard to dismiss Comfortably Numb. Post Animals, and “quite” a good song.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I grew up with Pink Floyd on Vinyl through my Dad, he had seen them Perform The Wall at Earls court too.

I went to Wembley to see “Momentary lapse of reason”

Saw Delicate sound of Thunder and The Division Bell tour as well.

As a Show, I really don’t think anyone does it better, My dad summed it up for me.

“Pink Floyd is not a gig it is an experience”

I was lucky enough to take Him and My brother and My Godfather to see them at Earls court. It was one of his greatest memories.

I still cant listen to “Wish you were here” without welling up thinking of him……

Endless River needs more listening

llama

i like this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtliIqF2HNY[/video]

BigJohn

As somebody who has loved Floyd since Arnold Layne and See Emily Play and bought Umma Gumma in 1969 I made the easy decision to try and avoid the “sweepings off the studio floor” stuff like On an Island and The Endless River.

Or is there any merit in these things?

The way I judge output from all established artists (musicians, writers, film directors & actors) is: if this was their first work how would it be received?

I also went to see Zabriskie Point in the cinema when it first came out in 1970, knowing nothing about the soundtrack. What a lovely surprise!

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Pink Floyd’ is closed to new replies.