• This topic has 103 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Pimp my Ride… your turn!
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Not seen those wheels, thanks. Verrrry nice 🙂

I was on a budget, hence the Eastin Havens- at 370 for the pair they were a bargain!

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Tension no problem, raced on them maybe 6 times with no problems at all. I am right on the rider weight limit as well, in fact 2kg over at 77kg.

Along side this, I have very little mechanical sympathy when racing.

Ah good to know I’m just under the 80kg limit on mine so must just be first ride settling down will be out on them this weekend. Love the instant engagement of them .

kiwijohn

How about this one

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Oooo, nice KiwiJohn, I like the retro Ringleness a LOT.

boltonjon

There is some lovely bikes here – in particular the belt drive Kona

However, I like to keep it understated (excuse the crud catcher and poorly positioned cranks….)

Lakes by boltonjon, on Flickr][/url]

pickle
    Free Member
    Stevo210
    Free Member

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

>thud<

Wow.

smiff
    Free Member

Stevo210, i now know what pimp is.
    (and fwiw, don’t want it!)

how about..

or even

last one taken from http://www.urlesque.com/2010/05/06/37-awesomely-pimped-out-bikes/ (sorry if posted before, i’d never seen it!)

Stevo210
    Free Member

(and fwiw, don’t want it!)

I nearly choked on my sandwich laughing at that 🙂

sniff
    Free Member

No no no THIS is Pimp…..

smiff
    Free Member

i’d just like to point out the person above is not me 😯 i’d never post such an embarrassing photo 😀

matt_outandabout

Stevo210 – the bar just got raised… 8)

coogan
    Free Member

Pimping a bike looks utter gash. As all these ‘pimped’ bikes confirm.

Markie
    Free Member

Kiwijohn takes it… It’s the cactus climbing sticker that does it.

will
    Free Member

Very nice Stevo, looks spotless!

Stevo210
    Free Member

Very nice Stevo, looks spotless!

Took the shots straight after Id fitted the wheels cassette and chain. Not quite in that condition now…..actually its not in that condition at all as Im trying out the Hardtail thing at the mo, so the Cannondale has reluctantly had to lend out its parts and go and have a rest for a few months in my loft. 🙂
    Over time it’ll be pimped in a more subtle black and silver, gold will be returned to the Cannondale eventually.

kiwijohn

Nice spotting Markie. How about this one.

continuity
    Free Member

This is a serious rogues gallery of awful looking bikes.

smiff
    Free Member

that’s like, your opinion man. i don’t think mine’s even pimp, just shiny. the thing with colour is, it looks great for a little bit, then you get bored of it. bit like girly posters when you’re a teenager. black/white/silver always looks “good” (unlike girly posters). some of these are just basic colour errors, like having everything slightly different shades of red, or mixing red+purple or red+orange. but he did ask for “pimp”, not “tasteful”. i’m wondering can it be pimp and classy at the same time? and do pimps even ride MTBs?

Stevo210
    Free Member

This is a serious rogues gallery of awful looking bikes.

I love annoying people with my choice of colourful components. What’s it matter to anyone else….it ain’t your bike haha Maybe I was going for the gopping awful look so it’d be less of a risk of being pinched!

Schmoke and a pancake anyone?

Haters gonna hate……I’m sure someone will add the appropriate frolicking victor shortly.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just finished.

DSC_0241 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

DSC_0245 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

smiff
    Free Member

nice loco, but what’s up with those Renthal bars i keep seeing that go with nothing?

nice to see just about everyone has a massive stack of spacers on top of their stems these days, i thought mine looked odd until now. slam that stem right? 😮

LoCo
    Free Member

Heheh, yep I’ll get bored of the forks in a month or so and they’ll have a nice long steerer for when I sell them 😀

And yes Renthal bars, they kind of match the yellow/white carbon spacer at the top of the stack 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my Ride… your turn!’ is closed to new replies.