Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PIKE- is it easy to replace the seals? (blown seal content)
  • hora
    Free Member

I can send the forks back and wait a week or two however what if I do it myself? Easy?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes. Very. Any of them.

You've had the forks apart before haven't you? That's the hardest bit.

Which seal has 'blown' anyway?

hora
    Free Member

Those were the secondhand dodgy Lyriks that I bought from STW (lowers full of water etc).

Suspect its the Moco seal thats blow. I underscrewed the lower bolt(s) and alot of oil came out of the Moco leg.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Same principal!

Yeah, easy to do.

Legs off
    Drain MoCo oil from top

Remove damper rod (Puch up out of top of fork)
    Bottom 'plug' of the inner leg that the damper rod moves through is (IIRC) secured by a circlip, remove it.

You now have a disc with a hole in the middle and an inner seal and an ouer one – Just black O rings! – Replace them, reassembe. Job Jobbed.! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I wish you lived near to me PP. Could you swap with Rob on the next STW pootle? 😉

retro83
    Free Member

Make sure you put the circlips back in the right way up, or the lowers will fall off…

hora
    Free Member

****, seriously? I always take pics of every stage and then refer back if need be. Didnt know that though (eek)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

retro83 – Member

Make sure you put the circlips back in the right way up, or the lowers will fall off…

complete bollox

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just frost on your moustache, eh, Hora? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It matters not which way up the circlip is, just get the bottom plug around the damper back in the right way

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PIKE- is it easy to replace the seals? (blown seal content)’ is closed to new replies.