• This topic has 48 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mega.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Pike air pressures
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

“Not sure on the rebound but you can set it slower than many forks because once you’re deep in the travel the rebound is fast and unaffected by the rebound knob (which only deals with the earlier portion of the travel (“Rabid Rebound”). The rebound setting you need is dominated by the pressure in the fork because that’s what causes the fork to extend, so other people’s rebound settings are rather useless too!”

Thats nice to know cheers 🙂

So set rapid rebound on pretty much how quick you want return for the small bump low travel scenario.

Same with low speed compression I now gather, thats more for brake dive, rolling over small things. Bigger drops are negated by PSI and tokens?

tymbian
    Free Member

Fighting weight with camelbak 95 – 100 kgs. Recommended pressures around 95psi. but this was so harsh.

Running 70 psi with 5 clicks on the compression…still not convinced about the small bump compliance…they don’t feel very plush if you ask me.

What do the spacers do and what else could I try to soften the ride on the small stuff without blowing through so easy.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

cruzcampo I reckon a perfect setup for you would be 50-55psi, fully open compression, with 3-4 tokens, as you seem to bottom out easy even with high pressures.

This would give great small bump compliance and smooth out the trail chatter, yet should stop any bottoming out once youve lowered the PSI for plushness.

Thanks! Will give it a go, only have two tokens so will have to try and source some more.

What are you using to remove the top cap? Found these http://www.lunarbikes.com/tools.htm which look a good bet, but work out at £25 with postage from the states. Might just face off an impact socket.

J273
    Free Member

Im on a 140mm 29er fork @ 75kg ive settled on this setup after trying all token combos.

2 tokens
    5 clicks rebound from full open
    3 clicks LSC

Ive tried 30% 25% and ive settled on 20% sag.

With 20% sag the fork seems to be pretty much perfect and stopped the harshness and chattery feel over the rough rooty stuff.

This goes against the norm but it seems to work for me.

Northwind

@bluearsedfly, Park do a 24mm (er, I think) cone spanner which is ideal for rockshox top caps. I got one to let me remove boxxer dampers without taking the dials off but it’s just as good for Pikes. I might machine down a socket at some point just for convenience though.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@j273 apparently 20% is about right for a rochshox air fork

@bluearsedfly not taken my top cap off running no tokens at the mo

tymbian – Member
    Fighting weight with camelbak 95 – 100 kgs. Recommended pressures around 95psi. but this was so harsh.

Running 70 psi with 5 clicks on the compression…still not convinced about the small bump compliance…they don’t feel very plush if you ask me.

I’m around 87kg with all the gear and 50psi with full open LSC.

Try running with full open compression and see how that feels? Then try with -5 drops in PSI until you get 20% sag.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

@ Northwind and cruzcampo Just found these on ebay.

Might do the job?

sparky87
    Free Member

Why do people get hung up on using full travel all the time, it should be how the fork feels. I’m 190lbs and running about 85psi 20% sag. The people running these forks at 10 to 20 psi below the recommended pressure must be mincers!

mega
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Pike air pressures’ is closed to new replies.