Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Pics of 16" or 18" Scandals and Inbreds please!
  • m0nster2
    Free Member

according to american tv, i should eat more yogurt – Member
    most of those bikes are far too clean

Agreed. But, in all fairness, mine had done precisely 0.9 lifetime miles at that point 🙁

chunk0_5

iam 5ft 8 and am running a 16inch inbred 29er the frames are quite long top tubes, great to singlespeed opens the cockpit up when monkeying around on the bars when out of the saddle. should,nt think u would want any bigger size. would normally ride a 17 inch in a 26 bike .hope it helps 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

18". I'm just over 6'.

sv

Not running the Race King on the rear at the minute!

alpin
    Free Member

built this up at the begining of the week for a mate (thanks Simon!!!)

16"

mate is now umming and arrring as to whether or not he should have stumped for an 18". he's 5'8" but used to riding silly long travel fully. think he needs a longer stem than the 25mm one he currently has.

although the top tube on my Sanderson (also 16") is 2cm longer than on the 456.

Leku
    Free Member

5'6" and a 16"

alpin
    Free Member

might help if i had included the pics…..

built this up at the begining of the week for a mate (thanks Simon!!!)

16"

mate is now umming and arrring as to whether or not he should have stumped for an 18". he's 5'8" but used to riding silly long travel fully. think he needs a longer stem than the 25mm one he currently has.

although the top tube on my Sanderson (also 16") is 2cm longer than on the 456.

poppa
    Free Member

EDIT: Oops, sorry, mines a 456.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

5'9" here and on a 16" Scandal.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have a photo of mine now.

5'9 and 16" is perfect

takisawa2

5'8.5" & 16".
    Loving it.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Nearly 5'11 on a 16". With about 130mm of a 400mm post still in the frame.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard and takisawa2 – those green meanies are looking really rather nice. 🙂

Now feeling a bit guilty about putting gears on mine as yours look so clean and neat, but necessity is the mother of… and all that.

HomesickSmoggie
    Free Member

18"

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

No definite answer then…..

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks for all of the replies. Picked up a second hand 16" scandal and had my first ride last night. Top tube is slightly shorter than my Specialized Epic donor bike, so felt marginally more upright, but not much in it. Think I might add 10mm to the stem to space it out a tad more, and it should be fine. Got a 420mm seatpost just in case, although, I could probably get away with a 350mm post and still have enough in the frame.

Should really cut the steerer tube too, but I'm holding off for a few months until I have decided that I'm definitely not going back to the Epic.

Now to save up for a 16" inbred….

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Pics of 16" or 18" Scandals and Inbreds please!’ is closed to new replies.