Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • photobooks
  • peachos
    Free Member

thinking of getting the Mrs one for christmas. has anyone got any recommendations for which services to use/avoid?

ericemel
    Free Member

We use Bobs books and so far they have been fantastic. We always go for the non cheap option of photographic hardbacks.

I am sure you will find some discount codes on HotUKDeals.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Books made with your own photos? Try Blurb. The interface is very easy to use and I was very pleased with the results of mine.

Militant_biker

We have used Photobox for the last few years to make books of family holidays. Interface is good enough, enough control to make it non-annoying.

Very happy with them.

5thElefant
    Free Member

http://www.cewe-photobook.co.uk is my preference at the moment – purely because it has a good editor.

supercyril
    Free Member

Did one with albelli last night for my mum. Very straight forward to use. It won the top 5 on the Gadget show.

kayak23

Photo box again. Very classy…

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I made one for my mum’s birthday using photobox, chose them mainly because they offered me a free one (just had to pay postage), was really happy with it (as was my mum) – would definitely use them again!

leffeboy

I’ve used the cheapest option at photobox and it was ok but I should probably have gone up a level or two. Two bits of adivice

Don’t involve anyone else in creating the book or it will take forever. You can get them to select photos though

If you use photobox and don’t have a special offer then just create the book and leave it set up for a few days and they will start sending you special offers 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

i just got an albelli one made as well. it’s extremely good quality, and the options for configuring it are really good as well. recommended.

kayak23

One thing with photobox. If you upload a shed load of photos it’ll make a photobook for you automatically. If you like the layout you can choose to buy it, otherwise you can rearrange.

Militant_biker

Don’t involve anyone else in creating the book or it will take forever.

There’s no real evidence for this, but it is scientific FACT.¹ Having put together books with ‘help’ it ends up in frustration. Much better just to get it done, and then get someone else to proof read the captions.

¹ Brass Eye 2001.

blades2000
    Free Member

I’ve used CREWE via jessops for a couple and been very happy with the results.

Harry_the_Spider

Avoid Vista Print at all costs! The wife has been battling with the bastard for the last 2 evenings. Dog slow upload, save feature not working, poor editing and a mind of its own at times.

She only used it because she had done some calenders (which were ok) and wanted to bundle to save a few quid.

peachos
    Free Member

cool, cheers for all the responses. have had a look at photobox but found it a bit of a chor, so going to give albelli a look.

roughly how long to deliver??

jp-t853

I have only used Photobox and that is very good.

I have no other point of reference however.

Harry_the_Spider

Depends on what you want to pay. Shitsta Print, as they are now known in our house, said 22nd December when we ordered the other day on standard delivery. I suspect you are going to have to pay for the quick service now.

IIRC with Albeli you download the software and create the book on your machine then upload the results so you are not editing on-line.

Bregante

60% off photo books at the minute at Photo Box. I’ve just finished ordering one and found it a relatively enjoyable process and I’m computer illiterate.

theflatboy
    Free Member

in reference to harry’s point about albelli, you can either do it on your desktop or online through their site.

albelli is the choice to make, seriously!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘photobooks’ is closed to new replies.