Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • phone weather app?
  • foureyes
    Free Member

Hi all, lost patience with the weather app on my iphone, it might be easy to get to but its pretty bad in every other respect. The Met office one is revolting to look at and use, and the Beeb often seems way out.

Anybody got a weather app they can recommend? i don’t mind paying a bit if its actually accurate. cheers

druidh
    Free Member

I like the new Met Office one actually.

Stoner
    Free Member

m.yr.no is a good mobile site, but unfortunately I cant find a mobile version of their meteogram, just the 6hrly forecasts.

_tom_
    Free Member

Met Office for me, seems the most accurate.

onehundredthidiot

Sorry but met office

argoose
    Free Member

accuweather.com

ajf
    Free Member

why an app? just go to the met office website on your phone?

foureyes
    Free Member

i would, but their website is pretty badly designed too.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yr.no app is the best out there by a mile (followed by met office) to get the nice graphic just turn the phone landscape

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Weatherpro

carlosg
    Free Member

accuweather , works fine on my mobile.

foureyes
    Free Member

cheers will check these out.

eyerideit
    Free Member

+1 Met office as well.

It’s pretty good with the new update.

MSP

Weatherpro +1

By far the most reliably accurate I have tried.

robbo
    Free Member

I use xcweather. Pretty accurate, they all use the met feeds I think, and has mobile version.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Met office app is bob on now since it’s upgrade.

nealy
    Free Member

Another one for the Met Office app, their forecasts are the only I look at unless I’m trying to find one that isn’t biblical to convince other people to come out to play.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Windfinder.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

accuweather is pretty much to the dot for me. Only ever made one cock up, said it was snowing, when actually it was raining.

bruneep

Use yr.no on android

dawson

+1 for the new Met Office app.

I also use one called Rainy Days on Android which is just a rain radar thing which can be quite handy

CountZero

I’ve used WeatherPro for nearly three years, and, frankly, it wee’s in the Met Office app’s shoes. And yes, I do have the latest version, which I reinstalled to see if it was an improvement. The GUI is better, but it’s nowhere as comprehensive or accurate as WeatherPro. The satellite view and precip. radar are superb, and it’s accuracy is better than any other app I’ve tried. It’s actually Meteogroup who supply the data, and they are certainly better than the Met Office.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘phone weather app?’ is closed to new replies.