Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • phone question
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i am due an upgrade on my mobile….

choice is

iphone or the se vivaz.

so let me no if you got either and what they are like, pros and cons etc

jam-bo

wait a week and see what you think of the next iphone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

IPhone is the Thomaon seatpost of the phone world. *ducks*

andrewh
    Free Member

Iphone is hugely over-rated.
    Data usage is horrendously expensive, especially abroad, far more so than Blackberry due to always-on thingy I don't understand. Also, iphone arial is a bit rubbish, you may loose signal in areas you used to have one.

GrahamS

Of the two I'd take the iPhone every time.

In fact about the only thing I might consider over the iphone (if i didn't have one already) is an HTC.

But of course make sure you are on an unlimited data contract. All smartphones, iphone included, are largely impotent without that.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

do what i did get the best deal you could get on the best blackberry tarrif, get the best blackberry they will give you sell it and get an iphone. Then get the carrier to swap the unlimited blackberry internet tarrif to the normal tarrif and hey presto iphone with a good package for half the price.

Wife had a Vivaz, sent back within 2 days. Kept dropping the signal, OS is questionable, not really a touch phone.

I have an Xperia X10 far better than the Vivaz. Great camera, Android market for apps, good media player. Well pleased.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I'm no fan of the iphone, but i've sold a sony x10 because the screen was crap. It's nowhere near as sensitive and accurate as the iphone and no multi touch is just stupid. The desire screen is far better.
    I'm now holding out for the next htc phone with a slide out qwerty keyboard. Could end up being the nexus 2

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

the vivaz features i like are mainly the hd recording and the mega pix cam.

i have always have se so i thought i might stick with it. but if there are problems with it, i phone might win then

GrahamS

Seems unlikely that HD recording will be up to much to be honest. The lens and sensor on a phone are waaaay to small to justify HD.

But if you're looking for something with a good camera then the iPhone is out too. It's camera is "adequate" at best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘phone question’ is closed to new replies.