• This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Phone noob question
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I recently got a new phone after having an ancient Nokia for years and wonder if anyone can decipher a wee symbol beside the battery level on the scxreen? It’s just a wee 2-point line like a line graph. Anyone? It’s only appeared a wee while ago and it’s not in the phone userguide!

I feel so embarassed!

IA

What phone?

Signal strength?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nokia C3.

Got a pic, the wee bugger on the right:

Ah, that one……

That means the Mekons have locked in on your signal and you will be taken away in the night for experiments.

CountZero

Gawd knows what that is. Never seen an icon like that before on a phone.

IA

Hmm not seen that, and I know my nokias… which flavour C3 is it? Touch and type, or qwerty?

CountZero

Ah, yes, the Alien Abduction Warning. How could I have forgotten that? ?

IA

It’s a touch n type C3-01 right?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

That’s right IA, C3-01. No qwerty thing going on with this sh**! Hrm, will have to do some searching to find out whats going on!

IA

OK, i can tell you what it’s NOT, which might help:

Not:
    bluetooth,
    wifi
    3G/GPRS/EDGE/HSPDA connection
    email
    wlan
    USB
    So that leaves something built-in but undocumented, or a 3rd party application icon. What apps are you using?

I’ve just had it suggested it might be a battery fault icon, but they’re not sure and going off something they might have seen in a engineering manual once…

Might be obvious, but if you tap it does it do anything?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nothing happens when I tap it no, and I don’t use any apps, just text, camera, calls and the radio (what a modern man eh?).

Thanks for having a think about it anyway mate!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Heh your comment about the battery got me thinking so I tried an off and on manouvre and it’s gone!

Praise be!

IA

Trying searching for the C3-01 service manual, it might have more info in it. Also is it always on? Might mean the radio’s on or something? Failing that, email nokia support?

Cougar

I’ve not seen that logo before either (well, in that context anyway). Best guesses:

Something to do with the radio. Tuning / found a station?

Something from a third party / bundled application, some sort of over-the-air sync or some such?

Cougar

Out of that context, it looks like a heartbeat icon. I see these on servers, they light to indicate an internal or external fault (two slightly different icons). See (2) below.

How relevant that is to your icon, I don’t know; could just be a coincidence. Might be worth pinging Nokia an email.

GrahamS

Weird. Does the C3 have a built-in heartrate monitor?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I reckon the alien abduction warning is the most likely

Spongebob
    Free Member

RTFM!

IA

Spongebob, it’s not in the manual.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Phone noob question’ is closed to new replies.