Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Phone Faff (Android)
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Morning All,

last night i dropped my now ageing google phone, an LG Nexus 4
    its still in one piece, but the screen isnt working in places, most importantly it wont allow me to unlock the phone!

I have a slightly clunky samsung galaxy fit which i have bodged the micro sim into and now have to decide what to do next.

a. buy/replace the LCD/Digitiser/Glass on the Nexus 4
    b. get a new handset (if so what? low budget, similar functionality)

As a last comment, any suggestions how to unlock the handset, Ive lost some pics and some contacts*. I will be able to connect to the laptop via usb, but the handset needs unlocking to allow media transfer, rather than just charging!

*syncing my google account has restored my contacts (sort of)

bigyinn
    Free Member

You should be able to get a micro usb to female usb cable which will then allow you to plug a usb mouse into it and hopefully unlock the phone.

jimwah
    Free Member

I was browsing a good selection of budget Android phones on Amazon recently, I forget why, anyway £60 seemed to be enough to get something with a half decent spec with good reviews (although I think most have pretty poor cameras at this end of the market, if that’s important).

weeksy

I did the same at the weekend.

I’ve now got one of the new Vodafone phones. I got it cheap from the MiL who’s only used it once, didn’t like it… but i think they’re <£100 new anyway.

soobalias
    Free Member

loving the mouse idea. thx

bigyinn
    Free Member

+1 for Moto G 3G. Its actually better IMO than the 4th Gen just released. The 3G is properly waterproof and if you get the 32Gb version it has more RAM and pretty much the same hardware as the 4G.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Phone Faff (Android)’ is closed to new replies.