Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • philips senseo coffee maker ! your thoughts !
  • Any one have (or used one)

whats your thoughts on them are they any good , do they make a good cup of coffee !

or what else would you guys recommend for around or well under £50

cheers all

grim168
    Free Member

We bought a tassimo a couple of years ago and used it quite a bit but its use tapered off. Replaced it with a bialetti stove top and that gets used every day without fail. Save some money and buy a classic italian design. Also got a bialetti milk froffing jug.

stumpy01

We got bought one as a present. It’s ok if all you are after is a simple cup of coffee. You can buy cappuccino things for it, but I am not that keen on them; although the other half is.

It makes quite a small cup & I always heat the cups with hot water before using as the coffee doesn’t come out really hot.
    Only other thing is we don’t use it that often and you are supposed to flush it if you haven’t used it for 3 days. It’s not a big deal as it’s just a button press, but just seems to be a faff.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

got one as present…stopped using it after 6 months as I bought a stove pot.

slung it in the bin 6 months later.

donsimon
    Free Member

Use a stove top jobby myself, wouldn’t even consider one of those coffee capsule things.

CHB

junk with poor coffee choice. Yes I had one.

iain1775
    Free Member

gimmick
    will use for a bit then not bother with
    We tried to rejuvinate ours by buying some add-on from the summer food show at NEC last year that allowed you to use proper coffee in it rather than those coffee bag pod things
    Lasted another couple of weeks and again now sits redundant

Reminds me – its free listing day on ebay today….

lookmanohands
    Free Member

try one of these….fantastic coffee 😀

(its a chemex by the way)

cb

they 30 quid in Argos at the moment

phatstanley
    Free Member

don’t believe the hype.
    george clooney (and now julia roberts) can go suck coffee capsules ’til hell freezes over…

bialetti or some reasonable knockoff thereof for the muthaflippin’ win!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘philips senseo coffee maker ! your thoughts !’ is closed to new replies.