Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Peugeot/Citroen EGC auto boxes – your views?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting a Peugeot 508 auto on my company car scheme as they’re low co2 emissions but have read mixed reviews of the EGC auto system. Anybody got a car with the EGC auto and what do you think of it?

imnotamused
    Free Member

No experiences?

Bimbler
    Free Member

I did a bit of research into them when I was looking at a Grand Picasso last year, seemed to be a bit marmite amongst owners. I liked it, missus hated it. She’s the boss we got something else. Not very helpful I know.

pjm84
    Free Member

I took a Citroen out for a 4hr extended test drive and didn’t like the semi automatic gearbox at all. Very slow change which had the Wife and I rocking back and forward in our seats.

I have a citroen c4 with one. I quite like it but as been said a bit marmite. The trick is to ease off the revs as you change gear, once you are used to it you can change gear very smoothly. I find I change gear far more often because it is quick and becomes second nature.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Thanks. I test drove one and it seemed ok, as long as I lifted during the slowish change. Wasn’t particularly bothered by that but I was only in it for 20 mins or so.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Peugeot/Citroen EGC auto boxes – your views?’ is closed to new replies.