Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • petrol station etiquette
  • andyl
    Free Member

I’ll happily fill up from the ‘wrong’ side, and if you park far enough forward you don’t even have to touch your car with the hose

Problem with that in some petrol stations is you can block the route in front of your car.

You do get funny looks from people waiting for a right side pump to free up when you just go an fill up on the wrong side though. Mixture of them hating you and thinking they should have done that.

Another annoyance from my local station is people parking infront of the tyre inflater and then going to do their shopping when there is a perfectly good car park round the side. The OH now just makes a point of parking right up to their car and blocking them in so they have to wait for her to finish checking the tyres 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

rocketman – Member
    Or maybe
    D) you’re a woman and notice that there’s one free pump in front of a car that’s being filled and the pump is on the wrong side for your car. No matter squeeze between the queuing cars, reverse back up to the vacant pump at an angle, blocking the car behind you and stretch that pump hose like a bow string. Faff about with bags and cards in the shop etc etc
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO #

I’m surprised it took that long for the misogyny – I was predicting top 3 posts.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just drive up to the massive bowser on site and fill up with pink. Occasionally I need to wait for the D8 to fill up though.

Kidding, I’d go round some dick doing “B” and queue or roll up to a pump on the wrong side and fill away being totally oblivious to the queue the fool thought he was making.

garage-dweller

I went for A the other week squeezing past the big van that looked like it was in the left hand queue as I went to the right (over that way and wheels pointing left). He definitely was not happy as he wanted a 5l plastic can of petrol and didn’t care which side it came from. I wanted £75 of diesel and a selection of journey snacks..

He was fine after I realised what I’d done and apologised. 😳

somafunk

Not a problem for me, There’s never a queue for the 5000ltr red diesel tank on the farm.

jamesy01
    Free Member

It only seems to be a recent problem, since the advent of the supermarket petrol station!
    Back when I were 17 you rolled up, picked a pump and took yer chances.
    Thankfully our tesco has two lanes entering so bypassing the B’s is pretty easy 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘petrol station etiquette’ is closed to new replies.