Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Coping while the wife is in hospital
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Those who know me will know I am not totally at one with the modern man role. My family were concerned when MrsWCA had do go into hospital for a few days – how would I cope?

Not happy with her being in hospital but other than that I am coping fine. I present the double burger ciabatta with peppery salad, mayonaise and chilli sauce.

Cooked on the BBQ so nopans to wash. Eaten from a paper plate which was burned on the BBQ. Result!

[edit] bottle run due tomorrow[/edit]

AndyPaice
    Free Member

You’re supposed to open the champers when she gets home, not when she goes in 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

that is immense

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Fizz was night before she was admitted to celebrate.. err.. to comiserate… er … just coz we could. The rest is since then

Kryton57

Man food – check
    Empty booze bottles – check
    Assumption there’s more in the fridge – check
    Kitchen Counter not showing the detritus of at least this mornings breakfast – epic fail

sc-xc

Carrier bag carefully rolled down to expose bottles for photo shoot – check 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Time to strip, clean and rebuild a bike in the lounge while wearing nowt but a pair of 2 day old y-fronts.

Living the dream.

bearnecessities

That’s basically a photo of carrier bags & glass, with a bit of grub in the middle.

(I also believe your double socket is on the piss by about 2mm)

EDIT: Aligning with your appliance socket to the right, I’m going with 4mm.

RustySpanner

BBQ?

Run it under a cold tap.
    Try not to pop the blister.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Haha. Like it! Is that a cheeky 5 litre can of ale in the background?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Photo taken next to fridge which happens to be where i am storing the empty bottles.

Breakfast was the spare rice from the jalfrezy the night before mixed with lemon juice and mango chutney – just to finish off the jars of course.

Yes, the photo was mildly staged for STW appreciation/mocking 😉

Kryton57

Photo taken next to fridge which happens to be where i am storing the empty bottles.

What the **** is wrong with you? Only full bottles in the fridge FFS!

bearnecessities

…and it’s “mayonnaise” you pisshead.

🙂

Drac

Can’t think of anything I’d not have done there.

Good work.

robbo1234biking

My wife was in hospital for 6 weeks before having our son. Luckily Sainsburys had an offer on curry ready meals for the 6 weeks. Saved a load of money over her £80 a week shopping!

Not that I cant cook but getting home at 9 after work and visiting her didnt really coincide with bbq’s or cooking!

jodafett

You used a clean chopping board – Disappointed!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Barrel of beer was a mistake – tastes crap

Clean chopping board was next to the paper plates

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

If the wife isn’t going to be in, there’s either something in the fridge, a ready meal, or I go to the takeaway. Cooking really isn’t my thing. I can do poached eggs, but that’s the limit.
    Effort above looks to take far too long.

wallop

No sign of any butter or cheese. What’s the point?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Only thing missing is a copy of Razzle.

honeybadgerx

Eaten from a paper plate which was burned on the BBQ

You used a wooden chopping board which can also be burned on the bbq 🙂

spacemonkey

No cheese? Come on man, sort it out.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

He’s got a few more nights to perfect it?

white101

But how did she cope when you were in hospital? Did she post pics on some home alone wives website asking for advice on how to deal with a tidy house due to a missing male?

Russell96

Are you going to leave something to show you couldn’t cope without her?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Recycling too – I’m impressed. Just don’t leave them on the worktop though, eh?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Whiite101 – she is not an inadequate requiring public confirmation . She just got on and coped. I wish i was as strong as her.

Russell and the rest – I know am coping but not to her levels. Still it is free entertainment on the internet so what should I try for my meal tomorrow night.

I have a well equipped kitchen and reasonable funds so please can you suggest a good meal for one for me to try tomorrow. If I can man up to the challenge I will post the results.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

the modern man role

I find this an interesting concept. Are you referring to traditional gender roles, or the whole metrosexual thing?

If the former, do you not feel, well, disabled not being able to feed and clean for yourself? If the latter, I have no idea what that’s all about.

granny_ring

Good effort Sir, just remember to take the bottles the local bottle bank and not put them in your home recycling. 🙂

MrOvershoot

Timely thread, my wife is going in for a brain op next Wednesday!!

Now due to her MS I do everything around the house so will possibly have a bit of time on my hands compared to normal?

Give me some suggestions to fill my time as its probably 15 years since I was home alone 😉

Russell96

@WCA it was meant as a message to you could leave her to say she has been missed, even if it is something as simple as an in joke you have together. My suggestion would be a curry go for something really aromatic.

fasthaggis

Oh dear Scienceofficer ,it’s all just meant to be a bit of oldschool manly banter,and there you go highlighting the fact, that some blokes just can’t quite cope on their own. They now have no excuse for these childish regressions ,and you have forced them to try and come to terms with a world that has changed and moved on .I would love to add more ,but I am off to do a menu plan for next week ,and there is still a load of cut flowers to arrange . 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Russell – all things on STW are taken as a joke, at least what Iostup should be.

I want a shout of hero and sympathy to MrOvershoot

Doing a curry tomorrow is an option but it is a lot of faffing for one person.

Stretch you imagination and think of a good one person meal. I don’t like eggs

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tonights meal involves no gratuitous alcohol signals

I present the Lamb Sandwich

thegreatape
    Free Member

Will you marry me?

senorj

You do know that when she comes back, you will have to lie when she says “did you miss me?”…. 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

So… basically a middle class kebab?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What’s middle class about a lamb sandwich???

I was going to add chips but it seems you have one on your shoulder already 😉

MrOvershoot

WorldClassAccident – Member

I want a shout of hero and sympathy to MrOvershoot

That’s very nice of you WCA but I’m no hero. I expect most of us would do the same in my place, I can’t say its easy but after a while you just get on with it.
    The worst part is seeing someone you love have almost everything they did taken away from them, hopefully this Op will stop her hands & arms shaking so she can at least eat properly and drink a glass of wine without wearing it.
    And in typical bloke style I posted the wrong day as she goes into Hospital on Monday its just the major op is on Wednesday.

Best wishes to Mrs WCA, I’m sure she’s enjoying the rest from your latest antics 😉

binners

WCA – could you let me know in advance next time she’s away please? If you don’t mind, I’ll pop down down and keep you company for a few days. You can do the cooking, I’ll just keep pouring you more red wine

Mr Overshoot – hope everything goes well with the better half. As for what to do with yourself? Well…. I’ve heard it rumoured that if you look very hard on that interweb, you can apparently find pictures of naked laydeez doing rude things. I really should investigate it myself sometime.

Then theres the pub…… 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Coping while the wife is in hospital’ is closed to new replies.