Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Petersfield/ Buriton/ head down locals – stick man warning
  • Lummox

Just a quickie

*******HEAD DOWN Buriton has been visited by a determined stick man ********

Cleared the path up to the start point for the dh/wiggle waggle etc

Cleared top of wiggle waggle and multiple places along its length

Cleared parts of 200m

Cleared the tight twisty wooded sections that formed part of the last day enduro

Cleared multiple parts of enduro route 4

Some were obvious some less so and they were big obstacles that would catch you out.

Go carefull

garage-dweller

Not sure what you mean by stick man but was in that general area last week.

Great trail developments over there.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Oh no… Stick Man is back 🙁 He or shee will cause a crash one of these days. Thanks for clearing!

marky29er
    Free Member

If only I knew where half these trails were I would assist!
    I’m likely there tomorrow or Wednesday evening & know where the night enduro routes are. Will keep any eye out, cheers.

eranu
    Free Member

Cheers for this. We are in there Wednesday working on the trails, so will take a look.

We have been having some issues with local residents recently will be a pity if they have decided to do this as I thought we were making progress.

Lummox

It was a pretty determined effort, wiggle waggle was the worst – maybe every 100 metres or so there would be multiple cut branches pulled across, mini berms kicked in and even a ‘living’ tree twisted across and wedged in at just under head height, don’t think it’ll be living any more sadly.

Maybe a few ‘trophy cams’ in the woods would identify the culprits, didn’t see a soul out but sad my ride was buggered up

eranu
    Free Member

I doubt we can do that, we shouldn’t be riding in there other than during race events. However people shouldn’t ride horses in there or cut down trees either.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not really what we need when we are setting up for the enduro in 2 weeks.

mattbee

Shame.
    I think that the summer/nice weather, plus large chunk of the Red trail being closed has probably increased useage of these naughty trails. More traffic means more chance of being noticed by those who don’t want us there…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Petersfield/ Buriton/ head down locals – stick man warning’ is closed to new replies.