Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Perfume. What is it for???
  • DezB
    Free Member

Some woman has come into the office emenating some concoction that I can only guess is based on cat's wee.
    If you're clean you smell nice, if your clothes are clean, they smell nice.
    Why the need to overpower this with something that just gives me a damn headache??

sofatester
    Free Member

Because most Women smell, so they need to cover it up so men don't throw up in there face.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think some women use it to mask the fact they haven't washed their clunge.

DezB
    Free Member

I like the smell of woman.
    Not chemicals.

(and can't view youtube at work)

Edit: it would have been far better if Mister P's message hadn't snuck in there 😯

sofatester
    Free Member

I like the smell of woman

That kind of comment can go one of two ways!

jon1973
    Free Member

There is a difference between women you use a subtle squirt of decent perfume to the ones who bathe in the cheap stuff that you buy by the litre.

The women you work with sound like the fat slags from viz if their perfumes gives you a headache. 😆 You might be in there 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Women wear make up and perfume for simple reasons

It's because they are ugly and smell.

sc-xc

When I smell a certain perfume on my wife – it makes me want to lay down with her.

It's this one btw

the sexiest smell ever…

cinnamon_girl

Agree with you there Dez. Can't stand using cloakrooms that reek of women's "perfume". Makes me gag, it's offensive and too in my face/nose.

I used to work for a perfume manufacturer and the profits they were making were obscene – that was before they sold it to the perfumery companies for diluting.

Prefer men not to use aftershave either, just love the smell of "freshly showered" 🙂

Aristotle
    Free Member

Perfume. What is it for

Making a lot of dosh for people who can flog scented alcohol wrapped in expensive packaging by way of flash advertising.

cinnamon_girl

Edit: should have mentioned that I have a particularly keen sense of smell.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I like the smell of woman.

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one. I always thought I was odd in that department! 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Some perfumes are nice. I dont think they have a "point", much like clothes – we could comfortably wear sleepingbags most of the time but people choose clothes to their taste, likewise people choose smells to their taste.

Nothing worse than a really strong smelling cheap perfume though.

I personally almost never wear any aftershave, maybe a hint of anti-perspirant, I seem to be blessed with the ability to not stink after 24 hours (not just delusional and smelly!).

DezB
    Free Member

the sexiest smell ever…

Er, I doubt that… I doubt that very, very much.

All perfumes give me a headache, not just cheap ones. I have to use "Simple" deodorant otherwise I can smell my pits all day.

Aristotle
    Free Member

If nobody used deodorant or perfume then it wouldn't matter.

Presumably people in the olden days didn't use such things (and they didn't have many baths) and didn't notice the smell as it was fairly constant?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the lovely woman formerly known as Mme BBSB insisted on l'heure bleue from guerlain as her christmas pressie.
    she was gorgeous and the smell was just incredible.

cinnamon_girl

/sfb to the forum/

sc-xc

DezB – Member

the sexiest smell ever…

Er, I doubt that… I doubt that very, very much.

surely subjective? 😕

Blackhound

If women are 'made of sugar and spice and all things nice' why do they smell of anchovies?

coffeeking
    Free Member

If women are 'made of sugar and spice and all things nice' why do they smell of anchovies?

🙁 I'd worry more about the women you date! You need to get them to the doctors, rapidly!

timber

to cover up their beer and curry farts

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Hi Dezb,

We had the same problem. One who used to sit on the other side of our open plan office till recently would stink the place out. Enough to make my eyes water. I was on the point of approaching our secretary to discuss what would be a tactful approach to the problem, but thankfully she moved out to inflict her contamination on another office.

Along with air freshners it's one the of the key "don't do's" which would come up in any review of Sick Building Syndrome. Lots of the fragrance chemicals used by perfume manufacturers aren't covered by any sort of laws. We recently had this at our place where the cleaners installed nauseating air spray freshners. Interestingly the health and safety info for these says quite bluntly "don't breathe spray", along with descriptions of the safety handling requirements (mask, goggles and impervious gloves). 30mg by inhalation (about 1 drop) also has a 4 hour LD 50 on a rat.

Chemical fragrances have many compounds in common with spray air freshners.

And it's not always the women. Air freshners can be sabotaged, but not so easy with a person.

Tell her you are asthmatic, she's cauzing you problems. That should put a stop to it.

DezB
    Free Member

surely subjective?

I don't think so – there's a reason why women smell like they do…

Mountaincarrot – they're all getting made redundant in the new year, so its not worth upsetting them even more 😉

sc-xc

that smell = a phsyiological trigger that no other smell gives me

so in my case, I am right. How can I not be?

Anyway. Merry Christmas.

DezB
    Free Member

Same to you old chap. Hope you get the Old Spice giftset again. 😉

sc-xc

Holding out for Hai Karate this year 😀

woody2000

Historically, perfume would have been used to cover up the fact that you were unwashed and/or diseased. Make of that what you will 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Perfume. What is it for???’ is closed to new replies.