• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Pepsi Max
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Why is it called that? It’s all about minimal calories, so it should be called Pepsi Min.

footflaps

Because Max is the new Min man.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Maximum flavour minimum calories. Just a guess, ads don’t have any impact on me.

scotroutes

Spot on. Just goes to show that those marketing/advertising folks really know what they’re doing.

Been thinking about buying a watch recently?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been thinking about buying a watch recently?

I have, but I really must speak to my private banker first, see how my portfolio is performing.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not fallen victim to either of those but may be contacting Sussex mtb skills. Possibly the more subtle adverts work best?

JoeG
    Free Member

Awesome stuff! 😀 More caffeine than diet pepsi! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But it doesn’t taste as nice as coke while picking up my new Audi

phiiiiil

I used to have a Pepsi Max branded, chrome plated bike. I think I singlehandedly kept the world chrome cleaner industry going for a while.

jimjam
    Free Member

Mixed with vodka and lime, it’s almost tolerable.

zippykona

Maybe it’s like the coke bottles with people’s name on. Except they could only afford to do one name.

footflaps

Tastes like washing up liquid to me….

Cougar

I’ve never really understood why we need Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi, or for that matter Diet Coke and Coke Zero (and “Life” or whatever that new green one is called). Well, I do, it’s because Marketing, but aren’t they essentially the same thing?

nullpointer
    Free Member

The Cola companies realised men didn’t buy ‘Diet’ varieties. So MAX and ZERO are meant to appeal to men who want 0 cal cola, hence the overtly masculine packaging and advertising.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve never really understood why we need Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi, or for that matter Diet Coke and Coke Zero (and “Life” or whatever that new green one is called). Well, I do, it’s because Marketing, but aren’t they essentially the same thing?

Max has extra caffeine, and is designed to be more manly. Diet is for teh wimminz.

Coke Life has less sugar than Coke, but more than Diet/Zero. Diet and Zero is again a male/female thing, but they’re not the same at all – Zero tastes quite like ‘regular’ Coke, whilst Diet is like a different drink altogether.

ninfan
    Free Member

Have to agree there, we blind tested coke/coke zero/diet coke for fun once, and everyone picked out (and hated) the diet coke.

cokie

Pepsi Max and Coke Zero are Matcho matcho- look at the ads!
    Pepsi Diet and Diet Coke are for the ladies. -the ladies ads

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, it’s ‘Diet’ for Men, black packaging and marketing based around ‘extreme’ stuff – caught Coke napping so they had a few years on them before Coke Zero came out.

They do taste different to diet versions, somehow they’re more Manly, somehow.

As for caffeine content, it’s actually a pretty useless way to get your caffeine fix. There’s about 8mg per 100ml in Cola, which is less than tea at 11mg, Coffee is the big boy – average is 40mg and that’s average including mellow birds and all that weak shit – and espresso is 200mg + in 100ml – stuff like Monster is 32mg per 100ml a lot, but nothing like coffee.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it’s because Zero and Max taste different, they have different fake sugar, but they can’t withdraw the old versions because people still drink them.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I live off Pepsi Max. It has maximum taste with no sugar.

I am fairly sure the chemical composition of Pepsi Max contains all the essential food groups in perfect quantities. The only solids you need are pot noodle. Maybe UHT Squirty cream too.

njee20
    Free Member

As for caffeine content, it’s actually a pretty useless way to get your caffeine fix. There’s about 8mg per 100ml in Cola, which is less than tea at 11mg, Coffee is the big boy – average is 40mg and that’s average including mellow birds and all that weak shit – and espresso is 200mg + in 100ml – stuff like Monster is 32mg per 100ml a lot, but nothing like coffee.

But you don’t drink 100ml of espresso, per serving it’s got less than ‘normal’ coffee.

Each caffeinated Torq gel contains 89mg. So if you have 5 of those in the course of a race, for example, that’s about 450mg. Zym Berry tablets have 100mg each, and High 5 Xtreme has 300mg/litre. So, if you top your Torq gels off with 2 litres of High 5 you’ve had over a gram of caffeine, or about the same as 20 espressos.

I think it’s because Zero and Max taste different, they have different fake sugar, but they can’t withdraw the old versions because people still drink them.

Diet Coke more so, but they’re definitely marketed more heavily at women too.

Dibbs
    Free Member

You can keep you Coke and Pepsi, Dr Pepper for me every time. 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

mikertroid – Member

I live off Pepsi Max.

Me too! 😀

poah
    Free Member

won’t be doing your heart and bladder any good

DrP

I was cynical about the “pepsi max = diet pepsi for men” angle…
    However, after research, I found out that pepsi and diet-pepsi do actually use different recipes. As do the coke equivalents.
    So pepsi-max = normal pepsi recipe without sugar. Diet-pepsi = a different recipe…

There you go!

DrP

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Pepsi Max’ is closed to new replies.