Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Admittedly pointless, but no different to 99% of the cak that is the mainstay of Facebook.

I’ve removed the waffle.

I’d use Faceache if it had an “Unlike” button instead of “Like”.
    Or even a “Pointless”, “Boring” or “Yawn” button.

GrahamS

Doesn’t the whole ‘why?, why?, why?’ question apply to 90% of what people post on Facebook?

I think if you only want really important news, rather than general gossip, laughs and daily snippets and vignettes of your friends lives then maybe Facebook isn’t the place to look?

AKA you’re doing it wrong.

spacemonkey

Yep, one of my mates does this a lot. 3 or 4 times a week. He even posts regular pics of him drinking coffee, eating cake, drinking beer etc. Why???? Just why????

santacoops
    Free Member

Or even a “Pointless”, “Boring” or “Yawn” button.

Or a gag button.

spacemonkey

Or a “You after more attention?” button.

santacoops
    Free Member

Or a “i’ve got a lob on” button

yoshimi

I often put up pictures of cake that I’ve made, or cake that I’ve eaten or just random cake…….don’t worry tho, my profile is private so there’s only a couple off her who get to see it

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

wait4me

I don’t have kids or a pet. Pies are my nearest and dearest, why wouldn’t i want to share?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Gotta be careful about the FB posts…

peachos
    Free Member

about a third of my pictures from last year’s trip to china were food based.

(baby mountain sparrow for the inquisitive type)

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

unklehomered
    Free Member

At christmas i made this raised pork pie, i was very proud so posted it, this thread gives me the opportunity to do so again, sadly i used a crappy phone cam so the rich colour gets washed out quite a bit.
    I included the large pepper grinder for scale.

a breakfast pic i posted once

It was a particularly good breakfast.

yoshimi

My god, this was a good cake day, I remember it like yesterday!

santacoops
    Free Member

that cake actually looks alright… the rest look like sh!t

unklehomered
    Free Member

was it, in fact, yesterday?

portlyone

Some of my friends are talented cooks/professional chefs. Happy to see them post pics of their creations!

yoshimi

unklehomered…………I wish 🙁

Its from a ‘posh’ garden centre restaurant, I make the 50mile round tri a couple of times a year, just for that cake!

Drac

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/15779014[/video]

Drac

CountZero

The only food I’ve ever posted a picture of on a social networking site. I consider it carbo-loading… 😀

IanW
    Free Member

Dont do the FB stuff so I will take advantage of this opportunity to show this tasty snack I picked up at a Oslo Airport, no idea what it is..

footflaps

Food pics are what FB was invented for!

Lunch by brf, on Flickr

MrsToast
    Free Member

Tom-B
    Free Member

The former is my pint after riding Gisburn yesterday, the latter is Tapas that I made a few weeks back. I’m going to try and find more now!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I love seeing food pics

Yum yum yum

grum
    Free Member

Drac

Hmmm! What is sadder taking pictures of food and posting on a social network or taking pictures of someone taking pictures of food and posting on a website?

stewartc
    Free Member

Very common out here and guilty of it a lot, food is an important part of Asian culture so it not only tends to crop up in conversation a lot but also as a result ends up with the usually food pics on the social media sites.
    In my limited defence though I stick to stuff that is a little different, do it rarely and never take pics of people taking pics.

aracer
    Free Member

Grumbling on an internet forum about people taking pictures of people taking pictures of food is definitely sadder – especially when you post it twice 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

aracer, spot on. No different to posting up pics of bikes on an internet forum, we’re all into different things, accept and move on.

ericemel
    Free Member

I appreciate it when my friends take a pic of some good looking food. And to get the good you need the bad too. I say let them carry on! If you don’t like don’t look!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep a double post whinge about how sad posting pics of food is definitely take some beating in the sadness stakes.

santacoops
    Free Member

I was watching BBC Breakfast this morning and John McGuire (reporter) was looking at a photo of a sheppards pie served in a hospital. He didn’t know what it was… excellent example of what i’m trying to express in this thread.

Photos of food taken by amateurs are, in my experience and the majority of the time, akin to cack on a plate. Admittedly hospital food doesn’t need to try hard to look bad.

Many thanks and kind regards… SC

messiah
    Free Member

If it’s unusual or interesting then it’s fair enough.

From field… and a few days hanging in the workshop 😆 …

to pan…

messiah
    Free Member

BrewDog produced Ghost Deer, which, at 28%, they claim to be the world’s strongest beer produced by fermentation alone.

Drac

What double post? 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..’ is closed to new replies.