People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..

Home Forum Chat Forum People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..
  • Premier Icon santacoops
    Subscriber

Can’t stand it… looks rank.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Surely that depends on the food.

timc

unless its something a bit mad / weird then its completely dull, here is a pic of my snickers, do one, blocked…

timc

thats weird that Phil haha

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

I did make a massive toad in the hole recently and feel the need to share, also some very slightly cooked beef once. But not my bog standard lunch.

thats weird that Phil haha

HOW VERY DARE YOU?!

do one, blocked 😀

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

For timc:

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Bow down before my breakfast pie, blasphemer!!!!!

Untitled by binlidski, on Flickr

Premier Icon santacoops
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Untitled by
    What to have with my cuppa?

munrobiker

I don’t get it either. “I’m just taking a photo to remember my food” is weird enough- if it was good enough to deserve eating again you’d remember it. If it was bad enough to never want to eat again you’d remember it. If you don’t remember it, it was neither good nor bad enough to be worth remembering.

Then sharing it with everyone you sort of know- why? Why why why?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

sharing it with everyone you sort of know- why? Why why why?

Never had a conversation with a friend like this then I take it:

“What did you get up to last night?”

“Oh we went out to that new Japanese place on the High Street. They do this really amazing Yakitori with fried…”

“Do one. Blocked.”

“I’m just taking a photo to remember my food” is weird enough- if it was good enough to deserve eating again you’d remember it. If it was bad enough to never want to eat again you’d remember it. If you don’t remember it, it was neither good nor bad enough to be worth remembering.

change the word food for the word wedding.

do one, blocked x

Premier Icon santacoops
    Subscriber

Its not a M&S advert!

do one, blocked

People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..

If you've ever wondered what 5000 vegan calories a day looks like…

Posted by Graham Phillips on Monday, 21 May 2012

munrobiker

Similarly, most wedding photos- why share them? We’ve not put ours on facebook because 90% of our friends aren’t interested and it was our do, not someone I was good friends with 5 years ago and didn’t feel the need to invite…

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

liver n onions n beans

None of the above were mine.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

One of my own favourites for the panel:

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

I’ll see you @aracer and raise you…

atlaz

I took this when I was in Vegas and posted to Instagram. Mostly because it was quite strange food (duck tongue and lychee taco and a beef tendon and oyster taco).

Papa_Lazarou

I normally can’t stand meal photos on twitter etc, this is the only one you’ll ever see from me….

Et voila!!!

Premier Icon santacoops
    Subscriber

graham – mmm dry

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

graham – mmm dry

Actually it was beautiful – not dry you can see it glistening – but it was enormous (that’s a full size dinner fork at the top for scale)

1.2kg of solid pork. With beer. For £7 (Slovakia)

Premier Icon santacoops
    Subscriber

1.2kg of solid pork

looks rank

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

This is mine
    (the apostrophe sank before the pedants get going)

Dont play with your food by tryingtimes, on Flickr

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

hmmm Brant (and Ed) win 🙂

vorlich

I do it with beer on Twitter, usually outs the beer lovers with other recommendations, have found some decent stuff that way.

Is that allowed?

I’m bloody hungry.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’m just having a pack of cheese and onion Hula Hoops. Does anyone want a picture before I’ve finished them? OMG!! WTF!!!! LOL!!!!! etc etc….

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I do it with beer on Twitter, usually outs the beer lovers with other recommendations, have found some decent stuff that way.

Is that allowed?

No conversations about what you’re up to it would seem aren’t allowed on social network sites. I think you can only post about pressing Like to cure a sick child or find a missing pet from a place you’ve never heard of.

i dont know about you drac, but its very frustrating hitting ‘refresh’ to see if the photo gets 5000 likes before you’ll start helping a patient.

Mr Woppit

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! (as Sally once remarked to Harry).

stumpy01

I’ve been known to post photo’s of beer & post ride fish & chips….

Admittedly pointless, but no different to 99% of the cak that is the mainstay of Facebook.

Oh, I may also have posted the odd cake or patisserie as well…

jon1973

Doesn’t the whole ‘why?, why?, why?’ question apply to 90% of what people post on Facebook? Why should food be any different.

If you’re asking yourself ‘why?’ (especially multiple times) then the ‘unfriend’ button is your friend.

I get more annoyed when people post / like the ‘chain mail’ type stuff – ‘Like this or you have no heart’ kind of thing. As soon as I see this, they get ‘unfriended’ forever. Getting a million likes, is like the new mile-high club, or something (neither of which, I am a member of.)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘People that take photos of their food and put them on social networking sites..’ is closed to new replies.