• This topic has 45 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Pentlands Wednesday Evening?
  • hp_source

Being sent up North by work Weds/Thursday this week, and am going to be around Livingstone on Weds night.

So is anyone up for an evening ride either local to Livingstone, or from somewhere Pentlands area, looks close enough and I’ve seen it mentioned on here a few times.

I’m not a downhill mentalist, or a bridleway pootler, but somewhere inbetween.

Cheers
    Keith

hp_source

Anyone?

druidh
    Free Member

I’m currently out of action due to a borked shoulder. If you are after ideas for routes in the Pentlands email me.

If you are on Facebook you could also try posting here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/335370013167009/

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Hello sir,Pentlands may be happening. But Glentress may also be happening.

All the happenings happen at odd times of notice so keep your eyes on this thread.

As it stands, I’m going wherever everyone else decides to go. But I’m definitely in.

Looks like the regulars are properly working today but we’ll see if Northwind, TBC, Steve et.al pop on tonight for some brain-storming.

SO! Shall, all together now, shall we?

hp_source

I’ll keep an eye on the thread and see what happens… Cheers!

ojom
    Free Member

Yo.
    What finstigator said. He should have his bike ready as well…

Might be GT but maybe pentlands to save on fuel.

Keep eye on here for more indecisiveness.

hels
    Free Member

I think you mean indecision. Or maybe you don’t.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m a lean, mean gearless machine after a week of passing gravy and snit out my choccie-starfish so am well up for this.

Finstigator! Will that be on my public indemnity summons?

Kit
    Free Member

You’ll need a **** lifeboat if you’re going up into the Pentlands this week. But good luck, eh!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s wetter than an otters pocket. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever ride the Pentlands again. Remember those days when it were all dusty? No, me neither. I’m wondering if we should just ride the s##t out of them and get down to the bedrock?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Fair point about yonder Pentlands, tonight and tomorrow’s deluge won’t help.

I can contribute petrol money to anyone happy to ferry me, if we decide on GT…credit crunch and that.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Mr. Menmuir…can a do that?

Will certain people hit us to death with trail repair tools?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Working 🙁

cfinnimore
    Free Member

There should be a 3-strikes-then-commit clause for excuses.

Painting the bathroom, working, getting married Blaaaah. 🙂

God I need a job.

Can anyone be arsed with GT/Inners then? I don’t mind getting skanky up the Pentlands as I live super close but its rank for people on the other side of town. And I have no bits to fear breaking Roamin in the Gloamin.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’m avoiding the swamplands like the plague at the minute but will most probably be going down to GT on Wednesday as normal.

Hp_source : I’m happy to collect you from the west end of Edinburgh or Livingston (usually for for a xc type spin for a few hours). Let me know if that suits, and of course everyone else.

#Edit: cfinnimore- cross post there!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ken, one of those “probably take that out”, but can’t edit. Odd.

Anyway, after being at GT for the first time with STW 2 Wednesdays back it was excellent. I’d need a piggy-back too but if TBC goes, he might take me.

mute
    Free Member

I’m up for going down to GT again. I can give a lift from near Kings Buildings if anyone needs one.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cool mute. I’ll speak to tbc tomorrow and let you know on that lift.

Looking forward to it again!

bigjim

get down to the bedrock

I like this one best

THink I am up for a ride. SOmeone did post on the pentlands facebook users that it isn’t too bad up there, though that was before the rain yesterday.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

If we go up in hunt of Bedrock, expect a yaba-daba-doo on every descent.

hp_source

Cheers couldashouldawoulda, that’d be spot on if you would, save me getting lost anyway, sorry it’s taken a while to read/reply… No rest for the wicked at the moment!

My emails in profile if you want to sort out the best place for pickup, times etc

Cheers
    Keith

AntM
    Free Member

What time down at GT tomorrow? Which car park? Might make it 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Keith – ygm.

AntM – usually arrive 6:45- 7:00 ish- but I’ll wait to hear back from Keith regards his work.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Working.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Steven – that’s a shame!

AntM – Keith’s replied and we should be there 6:45, Peel carpark – I’ll probably be near the bike wash.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bloody weather innit. Oh for a nice rain free week where everything goes to plan.

ojom
    Free Member

EDIT – not on…

Stuff to do at home.

mute
    Free Member

cfinnimore, if you need a lift give me a text on 07828628547.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m also out, Doctor’s orders.

She actually said-

“No excercise.”

Biatch.

Next time…

AntM
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

See you there!

bigjim

I might have a mince up the pantlands, been to gt an awful lot recently and can’t be bothered driving.

euans2
    Free Member

Just back from GT myself, had a great day… Looking forward to a few more dry days like today then i’ll head back up the Pentlands

bigjim

Well it was pretty interesting and lovely up the Pentlands. Drier than I thought it would be, more puddles than constant mud if that makes sense. The south side of Maiden’s is completely washed out and rutted. Most amazing thing was the amount of vegetation growth, there was grass growing in the middle of the Clubbidean path and Jonny Zebra was almost non-existant, just a strip of slightly shorter grass amongst tall grass. really weird, never seen it like that up there.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well that was really good – cracking evening out! Apart from the midge attack in the car park. And maybe riding the last bit in the dark.

Finally – it feels like summer!

AntM – we waited about 20 mins – well actually we were faffing for 15 and then waited another 5.

AntM
    Free Member

Sorry, the traffic was hell so i didn’t get there till 7.15ish then had to have a faff myself.. as you do. Its going to be even better now the festival gets going 😕

AntM
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions for this week?

ojom
    Free Member

Off to GT tonight. Estimated to be at Peel about 7pm ish. But not rushing and going for a trundle.

Headset bearings are so dead i can barely steer!

bigjim

Headset bearings are so dead i can barely steer!

You should think of taking it to a bike shop y’know

Doubt i will make it out of work in time for gt at 7 but if I do I’ll see y’all there

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah but seeing as I can never get off the floor and the workshop is running flat out i have to do my fixes after hours…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands Wednesday Evening?’ is closed to new replies.