Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pentlands tonight – driza bone
  • Garry_Lager

Anyone going out tonight Pentlands way? We should be able to pilot a route through the rapids I’d have thought. Be at shoap for 7 (though can do any time really).

bigjim

Yes I’m up for it, might be a bit damp but you can’t be picky in this part of the world!

13thfloormonk

No 🙁 Off bike for the next few weeks at least. Enjoy!

bigjim

Oh no, did you brain yourself?

AntM
    Free Member

Up for it! Got a pass out so should be at shop for 7 or just after. 🙂

13thfloormonk

Oh no, did you brain yourself?

No, my injuries are generally the super tedious overuse-or-underuse muscular type, this time its the turn of the sacroiliac joint to have a little moan. Really need to take up yoga or something…

AlasdairMc

It’s chucking it down now, there goes that one.

Nail Trail was manky when I walked it a few days back – avoid it for the next wee while as it’s getting shredded.

bigjim

It looks like its going to rain, if it is heavy and persistent I might bail! 13thFM – sounds bad, take it easy!

13thfloormonk

Edit: deleted, repeating myself.

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry – been at GT today and I don’t fancy another ride out this evening. Weather (in Balerno) currently looks ok too….

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

missed this one, will be up for it any other time. where do you normally meet? new to edinburgh…

Garry_Lager

Nice ride lads, enjoyed it. Was that title prescient or what? Nae rain to speak of.

Anus – People meet at 7pm each wed at a small shop in Bonaly (Bonaly Rd and Bonaly Ave), which is right next to the hills. Friendly ride, all welcome – someone will usually post up here just as a reminder.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Hope you had a good ride. Where did you go? What’s dry and what’s not at the moment?

Probably heading out tonight.

bigjim

Yes good ride, good fun but perhaps a bit sad to need the lights again.

We managed a really dry route, up to puke hill gate at the edge of the forest, to clubbidean, road to reservoir and along those tracks, exponential I think you call it up to green cleugh, down along the reservoirs to castlelaw, up there, then cox’s, dreghorn and home.

cox’s in the dark fairly sharpens the senses!

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Cheers Jim.

That sounds like a good route – will probably do some thing similar. I wonder is Red Road -> Hare Hill will be dry…

Anyone who fancies joining in I’ll be at Bonaly (car park not shop by 7pm). Be warned though I’ve put gears on my bike for the first time in 5 years so you will have to listen to me grinding, creaking, crunching and probably snapping the chain!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pentlands tonight – driza bone’ is closed to new replies.