Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Penmachno – conditions?
  • timothecimmerian

Morning all.

I’m looking at heading to Penmachno next week and wondered what the current conditions were like or if any parts are closed etc? I can go elsewhere without much hassle so just wanted to ensure I don’t waste time if bits are shut.

saxabar
    Free Member

Car rally this week, should be OK for the next (discounting weather!). More on Fb.

timothecimmerian

Thanks Saxabar. We don’t mind a bit of “weather”; we’ve ridden through plenty of standing water there in the past. That said, we’ll probably go somewhere a bit less exposed if it’s proper bleak though!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d have thought Penmachno doesn’t suffer too badly in the damp. Mostly rocky isn’t it… we’ve certainly ridden it in some pretty biblical conditions.

timothecimmerian

We went today. It was character building to the extent we just did Loop 1 in the end. I emptied about half a pint of water out of my seal skins when we’d finished.

Great fun though 😉

jlf1970
    Free Member

Me and a mate did both loops a week ago and the trails are in great condition. yeah theres the usual standing water in places but it all adds to the fun 8)

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I rode there during the weekend just gone (the day before the rally). It was wet. Particularly loop 2, where there was loads of standing water on the singletrack. It’s rideable, but be prepared to get very wet!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno – conditions?’ is closed to new replies.