Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pembrokeshire locals trail advice please.
  • jkomo

Off to a cottage near Newport this week (In time for the weather warnings).
    Anyhow, I’m taking the old old mountain bike which is a rigid bike, canti brakes, but fine for road as well.
    Thinking of an hours blast each morning, and was wondering what was out there.
    Aberforest beach area to be exact. Would I be better off with the full suss and getting out to some proper stuff?

Also any advice on family days out during biblical weather would be nice.
    Thanks.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bet theres some ace sneaky coast path singletrack up that way.
    Day in st davids, trip to Follyfarm and the blue lagoon near Narberth for days out. Preselis will be a complete bog fest.
    Lots and lots of castles to choose from.

Esme
    Free Member

Just google singletrackworld and Pembrokeshire, you’ll find several threads asking the same thing.
    The answer is always “Take a road bike”.

Alpha1653

Having lived in H’West for 2 years, the best you can do is Brechfa. I wouldn’t ride the coastal path as it’ll be full of walkers meaning you just become a nuisance. Plus, some of it is really exposed and if you fall off, you’re going to get very very wet. Take a road bike.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The last section on this is near newport.. The woods are all pembs too…

jkomo

The bike is my holiday/pub/canal path/can’t decide which bike to take/bad weather bike, so should be fine.

Lovely vid cn

Cheers

tang
    Free Member

I enjoyed a week on the crosser in the summer, my MIL lives on Dinas Head. Did some great days mixing bridle, lane and tops. Map, plan, explore, get lost a bit and enjoy!

chrispo
    Free Member

Did Ffynnone bike park ever happen?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Oh.. theres also west wales trails if you fancy a mess around on a pump track and jumps (about.. 20 mins from newport)

https://www.facebook.com/West-Wales-Trails-175099905911517/

jkomo

Wow, never heard of it, looks ace.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pembrokeshire locals trail advice please.’ is closed to new replies.