Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peebles accomodation with sprog
  • gecko76

Any recommendations where to stay with a 3 month old in tow?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like the Tontine in the centre of Peebles. Handy for curry house, an Italian, a few close by pubs in glass throwing distance and the food at the hotel is really good too.

I usually pay about £55 B&B, midweek. Not sure if its dearer at weekends. Sure they’d do deals to on DB&B / weekends etc.

Further down the budget it the Crosskeys. Not sure I’d take a baby there though.

bi6al
    Free Member

peebles hydro has family rooms and a swimming pool, have also stayed at tontine food good rooms ok but hydro more suited to families

boxelder

Hydro’s doing 3 nights for 2 at the moment and kids go free (still pricey though)

tinribz
    Free Member

http://www.unique-cottages.co.uk/cottages/south/peeblesshire/traquair_cottage

Garden, woods out the back, quiet, bike storage too.

gecko76

The Tontine’s looking good.

Forgot about the Hydro, also a good idea.

Anyone know if we’re ok to just book a double?

(for anyone wondering the plan is to hit Glentress and/or Innerleithen, why this is in the bike forum)

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for Hydro. Lovely stuff.

Amos
    Free Member

We stayed at the hydro with our nipper when she was about 6 months and it was spot on, bit tatty but very comfortable and relaxed. Helpful staff bike storage and a great baby listening service so you can have a relaxed dinner whilst young un sleeps. I’m fact now about to suggest to the mrs we pop back

gecko76

Well, the Hydro was booked out for a conference, and the Tontine was also full, so we ended up here.

Definitely recommended, and with a decent chunk of change from the deposit from going through laterooms.com.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Diane
    Free Member

Pretty expensive normally – well at least the food but very nice 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peebles accomodation with sprog’ is closed to new replies.