Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pedal for Scotland 2010
  • stucol
    Free Member

Registration is now open for this years Pedal for Scotland.

A new 100 mile Sportif route will be available this year. Also a 3 mile family route and the usual 51 mile main route.

7,003 folk did it last year so i hope the inclusion of a Sportif route will see even more entries.

Maggie's cancer care is the chosen charity.

I better get some miles in for doing the Sportif !

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It's very good. Last year one of our club members did it on his BMX.

stucol
    Free Member

My friends did it on bmx's as well. Silly beggars.

Their wrists were killing them at the end. But good for them all the same.

2 years ago we passed a guy on a hand cranked bike. Now that was impressive !

radoggair
    Free Member

think the 100 miler for me ) plus 20 miles to get there and 40 miles to get home ). Could be a long day so might start earlier than normal

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Where is it?

radoggair
    Free Member

Where is it?

Starts Glasgow green

info here

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Oh that. I think I committed to doing that on a p1ssed new years night. Best get cracking.

druidh
    Free Member

We at the shop will likely be supporting it again this year. We've thought about riding along, carrying spares, tubes, track pump, gels etc to keep folk going.

radoggair
    Free Member

druidh – respect dude

kennyp
    Free Member

The 51 mile route is a great one for getting non-cycling friends, work colleagues etc to do. It's easy enough that with a wee bit training over the summer they'll manage it, but long enough it'll give them a real sense of satisfaction finishing it.

I used to be quite cynical about these mass-participation charity things, then I tried a couple and found they were great fun. All very friendly and sociable and easy going.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pedal for Scotland 2010’ is closed to new replies.