• This topic has 84 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Peaks Pootle Photos
  • tollah
    Free Member

Not my best work as it was too wet to mess about with the camera. Video to follow 😉

Clicky for the rest

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

tollah
    Free Member

Scrap the video until tomorrow, just spent half an hour editing it for it to get lost whilst saving, I’ll do it again tomorrow night!

GRAEMEJONES

Some very nice shots there, the off camera flash certainly does a good job. 😯

Bunnyhop

Ooooo lovely 🙂
    You can’t tell that the weather was a bit rubbish

spacehopper

nice shots..!

you really caught my gurning pretty side there.. 😆

tollah
    Free Member

cheers, another 48hrs and the camera should be dry!
    Hopefully get the video sorted tonight! A lot of water on the lens but it looks ok!

thepodge
    Free Member

who was taking photos of us coming down the rock steps into the stream?

is there on of me riding down there?

BadlyWiredDog

Follow the link in the first post.

spacehopper

a Few more soggy pics here… 🙂 (clicky for a few more)

didnt get the camera out much due to the glorious weather.. 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

bwd, I did but there wasn’t any but I do remember the flash going off twice. not fussed, just curious

rOcKeTdOg

are the steps horrendous around the corner or.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldona/5825798662/

thepodge
    Free Member

that’s my wife, shes not that confident on a wet slippery rock that leads into a stream when there’s already a que of people going down it.

sorry shes not hardcore enough. please carry on with your smarmy comments you dick

tollah
    Free Member

Thepodge, that was me if the flash went I took the shot, it may have been blurred or something hence it didn’t make the cut. Sorry. Maybe next time!
    Ref Mrs Podge, it matters not she was walking, she always had a smile that’s hardcore enough in those conditions!

Pook

Sheldon +1

thepodge
    Free Member

not a problem tollah, not a problem

MartynS

are the steps horrendous around the corner or..

yep, they are

as tollah says, just being out yesterday was well ‘ardcore enough

tollah
    Free Member

Watch out I’ll be at sswc with the camera!

mintimperial

I evidently need some pads for walking. Fell over in the garage when I got home cos my feet were still numb, battered my leg and am walking with a limp today…

slowrider
    Free Member

Just to clarify, podge’s wife isn’t the fella gurning at the camera, she’s the one smiling behind him. Probably laughing at podges seated descending technique I reckon…

slowrider
    Free Member

Apologies for soaking the camera tollah, my gnarly threeride aura kicked up a veritable tidal wave!

Nicely captured me sniggering at sambobs crash too, busted!

thepodge
    Free Member

my technique is perfectly good, I don’t need to buy my skills with some la-di-da carbon bike unlike some Mr Thomas slowrider Smith.

Pook

I do but I can’t afford it :o(

BadlyWiredDog

are the steps horrendous around the corner

No, but there’s a ford at the bottom with a slippery, slightly steppy exit and there was some bloke sat there pointing cameras at people. But clearly you’re hardcore enough to come up and ride up them, since they’re so not steep, so how about it? Slap-up cake and coffee fest at Rosie’s in Hayfield says you can’t do it. Winner buys… 😉

Pook

Slightly steppy?! They need a bloody handrail. Fun though. I got my front wheel up one. I RULE.

BadlyWiredDog

Oh, and nice one of me on the steps too. Normally I crash instantly at the sight of a camera, so a bit of a result really – mind you I’d already splatted further back, ooops… 😐

GRAEMEJONES

I bet people would pay to watch BWD’s challenge! 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Entry is free, there’ll be some Peak Park by-law forbidding dog-bating as a public spectacle or something. I know those steps are rideable going up, and I figure that RoCkeTdOG with his random, jumbled characters should make mincemeat of it, seeing as they’re apparently not very steep at all… So come on dOGgY, I’m sure you’re not just one of those people who pokes fun at others’ riding ability from the safety of your keyboard but won’t put your cake money where you mouth is, erm, right? 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

FIGHT

BadlyWiredDog

FIGHT

Na, just a friendly, bantery, light-hearted challenge with cake at stake… 😉

DrBlonde
    Free Member

Thanks yesterday for a good days biking (despite the weather) and also for the loan of the playbus to get changed afterwards. It was my first singletrack pootle and I will definately look forwards to the next one

spacehopper

cake at stake… 😉

World War 3 then? 😛

nbt

The steps are rideable going down if you haven’t got a traffic jam in front of you. Going up they’re a proper challenge, I’ve got about 2/3rds of the way up. One day I’ll clean them.

BadlyWiredDog

One day I’ll clean them.

You can play too 😉 three-way cake fest? Anyone else?

Pook

I can clean them, but then I am a riding dog, sorry; god.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers all for a top day out yesterday.

Oh, and if the cake at stake is one of those Mars Bar cakes that we had after the ride, count me in. They were well nice!!

portlyone

Looks like a fun day out.

Whereabout are those steps?

simon1975

It looks so dry in your photos! We got soaked and frozen over in Mac Forest yesterday 🙁

I hope I can make it along to one of rides again before too long 🙂

EDIT: These steps, presumably? http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=403535&y=389452&z=120&sv=403535,389452&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=725&ax=403535&ay=389452&lm=0

rOcKeTdOg

Are they all the podge’s wife?

Sorry it was a simple question about the steps, the ones visible don’t look difficult, sorry for not being able to see around the corner of a photograph. Blimey there are some touchy souls on here

Id love to take up the challenge, but i think I’d have difficulty getting past the massive chip you all seem to be carrying and if i laughed at your shoes you’d probably cry and I’d feel bad

mintimperial

Whereabout are those steps?

Here.

It was dry for about the first 30 mintues, which is when people took photos. Then it pissed it down for three hours… 😀

BadlyWiredDog

Sorry it was a simple question about the steps, the ones visible don’t look difficult, sorry for not being able to see around the corner of a photograph. Blimey there are some touchy souls on here

Id love to take up the challenge, but i think I’d have difficulty getting past the massive chip you all seem to be carrying and if i laughed at your shoes you’d probably cry and I’d feel bad

The steps you can see are actually steeper than they look fwiw. I note that you’re a bottler then, all mouth and no climbing trousers…or are you scared of cake? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Pootle Photos’ is closed to new replies.