Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Peaks conditions?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Pondering what to do – ride or walk tomorrow.

I spent Friday walking up on Derwent Edge and round Ladybower and it was icy as f… Even the gritsone was covered in black ice.

Today I went out on the roadie through the to pend of the White Peak, and although sunny, it was still truly bloody cold, implying that it’s still going to be really icy off road.

So has anybody actually been out offroad? Is it as bad as I think it’s going to be? Quite fancy the idea of Matlock/Darley Dale/Chatsworth kinda way, but not if it’s all sheet water ice or black ice.

Thanks.

al2000

Pretty icy out Matlock way, but only in areas that had had a lot of traffic, the snow had turned to slush then refrozen. Elsewhere was okay, treacherous in places but overall not bad – I had a good afternoon at any rate.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

jon – fancy some company round chatsworth area tomorrow?

h4muf
    Free Member

This was yesterdays ride.

WP_000786 by h4muf, on Flickr

WP_000777 by h4muf, on Flickr

WP_000770 by h4muf, on Flickr

Everywhere was ice ice baby!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it thawing out up there yet?

Should be riding on Thursday and wondering if I should take road bike instead.

antigee

went for a run up causeway and along stanage yesterday (monday) lunchtime and like everywhere else any snow that had been walked was still thick ice but was thawing rapidly and very boggy on some sections of a run that are normally dry (saw some naughty tyre tracks) – 6 degrees or so here in the north of sheffield today and some rain yesterday evening – i’d guess still ice on well troden paths that get no sun but nothing like the weekend

h4muf – Member
    This was yesterdays ride

no longer yesterday but still a pic that frightens

simonbowns
    Free Member

Maybe too late for the op, but I rode from Hope last night- mam tor, jaggers, Hope cross. Little snow left, slushy, muddy fun!

maldwynyefe
    Free Member

thank you ! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Peaks conditions?’ is closed to new replies.