Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PC virus protection
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

The McAfee anti vius stuff that came fitted to my Dell is due to expire. I am thinking of replacing it with a Symantic set up that have.
    Now can I expect the McAffe to get all upset when I load the Symantic? I am told it might reject it as its a competitor etc. You tips please.

dazz
    Free Member

remove mcafee, install whatever, simple.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Remove mcafee, throw symantec in the bin and download microsoft security essentials, for free!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yes, do exactly as mister taylforth says.

Drac

Do what as above but you use Avast either instead of MSE, just don’t use McAfee or Symantic.

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – MSE and bin Norton.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Never heard of MSE. What does it do. The Symantic thing I have is V10. Or something like that. A commercial one that worked fine on the last pc’s it was used on.
    With MSE should I remove McAfee first?

matt_outandabout

Aye, use Microsoft security essentials – free, and works, and does not clog up my sustem.

4ags4
    Free Member

way forward

M S E

sofatester
    Free Member

Remove mcafee, throw symantec in the bin and download microsoft security essentials, for free!

+1

With MSE should I remove McAfee first?

Yes. Though you might get hacked by the Russians/Taliban/CIA in the 2 mins it takes to install MSE.

You have been warned!

highclimber
    Free Member

make sure you have removed all macAfee before installing new AV as different products get on about as good as Evra and Suarez!

satchm00
    Free Member

I use http://www.avg.com the free version.

I have used http://www.kaspersky.com/ in the past when licences are on the cheap (3 for a tenner etc).

dazz
    Free Member

I use MSE & AVG, both free & very good, junk the paid for options, they’re to memory intensive IMO

druidh
    Free Member

MSE.
    Symantec/Norton is malware!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PC virus protection’ is closed to new replies.