Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Payrises!!
  • gordimhor

We all know there is no such thing as a pay rise. I will be paying less income tax this year unless …the condems plan a big rise in the basic tax rate. BB et al enjoy your child benefit cut 8)

tails
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice and congrats to the super high earners*

* I guarantee my bike is both nicer and faster than yours!!!

grantway
    Free Member

Stay for the moment has when looking for work is best to be employed.
    Find a job then walk out and tell him to **** Off has you DONT have to work your notice ethier.

BoardinBob

BB et al enjoy your child benefit cut

No kids so not a problem. 8)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

tails, what did you study at uni and where (roughly) do you live?

There is assistance with setting up a business available depending on circumstances, both finacially and advisory.

nonk
    Free Member

how old are you tails? if you in a full time job on that money your age can be a good point to bring up in the discussion. in a i dont live at home with my mum sort of a way.

fisha
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    BoardinBob – My house staff pay more than that in tax

My house staff are illegal immigrants whom I dont pay … thus no tax !

ha !

Kidding …. IGMC.

lowey

Supply and Demand mate. Is your a particularly skilled job that only so many people can do, or could he fill it in seconds at the same level of remuneration if you did leave ?

I cant even remember what a pay rise is. Still trying to adjust to a pay reduction 14 months ago.

MSP

Its important to prepare for such negotiations, make sure you have a good excuse ready when your workmates ask you why you have brought in a roll of gaffa tape and a set of bombers.

tails
    Free Member

tails, what did you study at uni and where (roughly) do you live?

I did a 2 year HND in cabinet making followed by the final 2 years of a contemporary furniture and product design degree. I’m based 15 miles from Cambridge.

how old are you tails? if you in a full time job on that money your age can be a good point to bring up in the discussion. in a i dont live at home with my mum sort of a way.

I’m 26 and yes I am living at home which I would like to move out of, but I don’t want to spend half my earnings on rent plus my dad has dementia so it would mean leaving my mum alone, or at least until my sister finishes uni.

Supply and Demand mate. Is your a particularly skilled job that only so many people can do, or could he fill it in seconds at the same level of remuneration if you did leave ?

Well are there are certainly people wo will have my skill set, but whether they are in the area and prepared to work for that wage I’m unsure. Plus add to that time getting up to speed.

flange
    Free Member

If you’re happy in your job, and you can afford to live on the wages you earn and have a decent quality of life then I’d say stick where you are. It can’t hurt to ask but don’t do the ‘I’ll leave if you don’t up my wages’ number.

the more you earn, the more you spend. Its a difficult bandwagon to get off

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Some nice replies with honest thoughts as always……and then along come the @ucking willy waving brigade (look at me look at me). What a bunch of idiots and cocks…….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Current place £15k

I pay more tax than that in a year

So did I until recently, be careful who you slap with your willy on the way up, be assured they will slap you with there’s on the way down.

dooosuk
    Free Member

So, have you asked yet then?

tonyd

+1 on the don’t threaten to leave.

State your case reasonably and calmly, lay out the reasons why you initially agreed to take the lower wage and why you now feel you deserve more.

If you like working there then a confrontation won’t do you any good, even if you managed to bully/threaten them into a pay rise they will see you in a different light and it would most likely become a very different place to work.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

If you are serious about starting up then I’d look into it. There will be a local business centre type place who can give free impartial advice.

What do you think you would need to start up on your own – equipment wise. Could you keep working and make your own products in your own time?

What do you design/make?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“so BoardingBob earns about 70k a year. Big Fu**king Deal! Hardly how the other half live is it? what a prick.”

I concur, doesn’t mean a, any good at job or b, would want anything to do with said person, as obviously an egotistical fool who values money over self worth.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Oh regarding the actual query, every one is dispensable, even highly paid wonderful people like BoardingBob.

and be careful in this climate where you can get 100+ people applying for every job, I’m sure the response might be if your not happy with £15k then leave and I’ll get some one who is.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

or you could just do one of the following:

own him with Bombers

wee in his shoes

punch him in the goolies

😉

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Do we need to wear helmets when entering into pay rise discussions ?
    Large back packs anybody and which tyres for muddy conditions…..

tails
    Free Member

What do you design/make?

Furniture and product are my real interest area but I have been looking at going more industrial such as cell phones/computers but they would obviously be computer renderings.

What do you think you would need to start up on your own – equipment wise.

Equipment is awkward I can make a fair bit but compared to my old work shops I have very little.

Anyway I just spoke with him and I got £18k so that’s that.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

result! Nice one, bet you wish you asked for 20 now lol. Seriously though that’s great.

If you do want to start up then I can help you with workshop equipment. I have many many machines etc….. If you’re genuinely interested then get in touch.

And good luck.

tails
    Free Member

result! Nice one, bet you wish you asked for 20 now lol. Seriously though that’s great.

i did I asked for £22k was going to ask for £20k then got my sums wrong and asked for £85 a day. Anyway that is good.

If you do want to start up then I can help you with workshop equipment. I have many many machines etc….. If you’re genuinely interested then get in touch.

I’ll certainly contact you to enquire this evening, as always good to find reliable machinists, powder coaters, welders. I even once used a gravestone maker to shape some marble for me, which was both cost effective and he was really interested in the project.

dooosuk
    Free Member

D’oh….can’t believe you got your sums wrong.

Still, at least you got a payrise…even if you have sold yourself short by an extra few quid a month.

If you don’t ask you don’t get.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

no problem tails – always happy to help.

and a 20% rise is pretty good! see if you can get the same again next year.

tails
    Free Member

and a 20% rise is pretty good! see if you can get the same again next year.

That would be nice!! but unlikely

molgrips
    Free Member

Zed – where are you?

jools182
    Free Member

I’d just like a job

Zedsdead
    Free Member

molgrips – right now in India

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Payrises!!’ is closed to new replies.