• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Paypal dispute help please
  • Saccades
    Free Member

Wonder if anyone can clarify what’s happening to my paypal account.

I received 4 sets of $35 on Saturday morning and almost immeadiatly after a reciept for a £80 payment to an on-line PC shop. The payments to me are out of the blue and I’ve not used my paypal account to pay for anything in about 2 years.

Then the 4 payments to me are being disputed (emails are about 5 mins later) and the money being held by Paypal, so I’m now -£80 in my Paypal account.

I’ve disputed the payment to the PC shop and that has been upheld so that money is winging it’s way back to me. But I’m been asked if I’m going to repay the 4 payments (I already told Paypal that the money is bugger all to do with me). So what I want to know is, if I repay the $140 will the $140 that was sent to me be released (leaving me all square) or do Paypal just send back the $140 they have held? I ask because my Paypal account is linked to a UK bank account with about 4p (deliberatly) and I’m in Ireland and there is no way I can get cash to my UK bank account within the paypal timespan (I normally pre-load my UK account if I’m going to shop with Paypal).

It’s not very obvious from the paypal website.

Thanks in advance.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s going on isn’t not very obvious from your post!

wwaswas

I’d let Paypal sort it all out – it’s clear your account had been used as the ‘middleman’ in a scam so you shouldn’t end up out of pocket at all – the original payments to you will be called back and the payment to the PC shop refunded to your account?

I’d look at your password etc as it looks like your paypal a/c is hacked…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Paypal are a nightmare to deal with!

I used to have a bank account linked to my paypal, so i could transfer funds out to it, but since ebay and paypal massively jacked their fees and I had a load of hassle with them (for no good reason), I cancelled this arrangement and stopped using ebay/paypal for all but ocassional small purchases.

Your’s is a case of fraud and so they should not be penalising you in any way! For what they now charge, they damned well ought to have a call centre with a regional number, so issues like this can be swiftly addressed. Their complicated system of stock Q and A’s is a totally lame cop out. Trading standards need to give them a kick!

They don’t deserve your business, so take it elsewhere.

Good luck!

Saccades
    Free Member

Sorry, to clarify – PAypal want to know if I’m going to pay the 4x$35 back, but they have the cash that was sent to me.

So how is it repaid?

By the money they have held?

Or do I have to pay $140 and they then release the $140 they have held.

If it’s the 2nd I’m stuck tbh.

AS I said, I don’t use Paypal for anything nowadays.

cp

paypal are indeed crap for sorting stuff out. their staff at their ‘contact centre’ are pretty lame on the phone, and weren’t aware of some of the stuff on their website for what they claim happens in cases of attempted fraud.

I have never linked a bank account to my paypal as I just do not trust paypal with that sort of info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Paypal dispute help please’ is closed to new replies.