Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Paypal ….as a gift………why?
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

Is there a charge for taking Paypal as payment for goods? I see a few on the classifieds are asking for payment in this way.

uplink
    Free Member

no fee from paypal for a gift [no protection either]

richpips
    Free Member

Paypla gift means the seller has no fees to pay.

If the buyer has funds in his account then that also applies, otherwise the buyer pay the fees.

grumm
    Free Member

no fee from paypal for a gift [no protection either]

Not sure that you have protection outside ebay anyway do you?

giantjason
    Free Member

i have been stung in the past when a buyer has paid via paypal and used his credit card to fund the purchase. The fee for doing this then has to get picked up by me.

if i ask for a gift then he gets hit with the fee if taken from his credit card or free if he has money already in there.

Not sure if you have protection though?

uplink
    Free Member

Not sure that you have protection outside ebay anyway do you?

From Paypal
    Seller Protection off eBay

For off-eBay merchants, transactions between UK, US or Canadian buyers and sellers qualify. You must post to a confirmed address, as displayed in the transaction 'Details'. This ensures that the item goes to the buyer at an address we have details of.

Key Rules of Seller Protection

* Ensure that the item is “Eligible” for Seller Protection, as displayed in your ‘Transactions Details’. Your ‘Transaction Details’ are in your PayPal email receipt. You can also find your ‘Transaction Details’ by logging in to your PayPal account, and clicking ‘Details’ next to the relevant transaction
    * Send tangible goods.
    * Post to the address provided in the "Details" link in your account history
    * Retain proof of delivery that can be tracked online, such as Royal Mail’s Recorded Delivery. If your buyer picks the item up in person or you cannot provide proof of delivery that can be tracked online, your transaction will not qualify. This includes items posted with first class postage
    * For items with a value of £150 or more, you need to provide proof of signature from the recipient
    Post the item within seven days of receiving payment
    * Only accept payments in full from a single PayPal account
    * Respond to all PayPal enquiries within the deadlines as disputes need to be resolved within a specific timeframe

DezB
    Free Member

alpinejason – Premier Member
    i have been stung in the past when a buyer has paid via paypal and used his credit card to fund the purchase. The fee for doing this then has to get picked up by me.

With a credit card, the buyer gets the option to pay the fees or for the recipient to pay them. If your buyer is using a CC for the funding, you need to tell them they have to pay the fee.

grumm
    Free Member

From Paypal

Fair enough – I don't generally send stuff by a way which could be tracked online though. Don't think most people do. Maybe for a higher value item but I don't think I would buy a high value item if I couldn't collect it.

uplink
    Free Member

It is getting silly with some of the problems posted here
    I tend to pay the recorded bit of the postage myself now [less than a quid] rather than have to start all the hassle with stuff that 'disappears'

takisawa2

Would be easier if they gave you the option to send as a regular payment but pick up the fees, rather than having to work it out & add money on etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Paypal ….as a gift………why?’ is closed to new replies.