Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Patterdale terriers
  • wors

Anyone own one? Are they okay being left alone in the day or do they need a lot of attention?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nasty little bastards.

Del

like most dogs, they can have good and bad characteristics brought out more. if you’re small and furry, and running away, then dd’s comment above is pretty fair tbh. they’re terriers, which means chasing things is fun for them. it’s what they do. however the flip side is that they’re pretty smart and quite people orientated. they’re always interested to see where you are and what you’re up to around the house, and they can be very playful. they can also be quite grumpy – mine used to growl and really get the hump if you started messing with him once he had gone to bed. he wasn’t being nasty towards me, just ‘bloody leave me alone’. 🙂
    if it were me i wouldn’t want to get a dog if leaving him during the day is to be the norm, rather than the exception.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

if it were me i wouldn’t want to get a dog if leaving him during the day is to be the norm, rather than the exception.

This really. 😐

Btw, my earlier comment was just poking fun at deluded. If you want a dog that you can leave all day, then get a cat.

surfer
    Free Member

Not a Paterdale but a Lakeland, Happy to be alone for several hours. Mad as a bucket of Frogs at all other times.

santacrooz
    Free Member

Hard as a coffin nail !

Pound for pound arguably one the the hardest little dogs around !

Excellent family pets, good with kids, loyal and quiet around the house until something fury goes past or something with feathers lands in the garden !

They need a good diet and a LOT of excercise, which isnt a problem until something with fur is spotted then the ears swithch off and the nostrils take over !

As for leaving in the house all day ! as said, get a cat !

Oxboy
    Free Member

Look like cracking little dogs, only trouble with terriers as far as I can see is they dig for England and they are yappy little buggers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Patterdale terriers’ is closed to new replies.