Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • passportes du soliel bike hire
  • brokebony
    Free Member

I’m having real trouble booking 7 large enduro bikes for the Friday and Saturday of this year’s ppds. We opted for the hire instead of taking our bikes, is this a mistake!!??

MSP

The towns Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel are more downhill and freeride orientated and the bike shops and hire reflect that. Plus with it being the busiest weekend of the year, then yeah you made a mistake, I would start looking at taking your own bikes.

brokebony
    Free Member

Urrrm thanks, we’ve gone and booked flights now…OK appreciate the steer, we haven’t thought this through properly

deadkenny
    Free Member

You can likely still take bikes even with flights booked. Usually have to pay extra though, unless the allowance lets you shove in all your clothes with the bike and it comes in under the weight limit. And of course you’ll need a bag or something to put them in, and bike bags aren’t cheap 😉

Anyway, with hire bikes out there, make sure they set up the brakes for UK customer as they’ll be backwards otherwise.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s loads of bike options. Its really not just downhill. It is a busy weekend though. We’ve had some nice enduro bikes from torico before.

anono

Also worth trying alpine sports
    We’ve had good service from them over the past three years.

brokebony
    Free Member

Thanks all appreciate the input. We binned the flying option because of the logistic nightmare of seven of us! Looks like two of us will be in a big car and seven bikes, mostly pulled apart!!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Maybes put something in the classifieds asking if there is anyone from here driving down with room in their van? Ive got a mate driving mine down,.and all my clobber! Nice easy hand luggage only hop from gatwick for me…

brokebony
    Free Member

Cheers jaffe, that’s a notion I hadn’t considered, thing is there’s a load of trust needed there… I’ll put it to the boys.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Oh yeah, good point…

‘Wanted. Someone with a van to give a lift to five shiney expensive mountain bikes’

MSP

If you’re going to load 5 nice expensive bikes into the back, then I could borrow a van 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, there is a lot of bike hire options in Les Gets and Morzine (inc AM/enduro bikes) but trying to get 7 bikes for PPdS weekend was always going to be a stretch especially as its quite late now.

Anyhow IMO driving is best for bike safety and you can take more kit. Enjoy the road trip

nickdavies

Phone around hire shops further afield maybe?
    They won’t all be busy given the lifts aren’t all open, and you may well find for 7 decent bikes someone will offer a collect/delivery service.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘passportes du soliel bike hire’ is closed to new replies.