Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Passportes du Soleil – roll call
  • Epic
    Free Member

Passportes du Soleil event – anyone riding it next weekend?

Not sure what to expect myself. Is there really only 500m on climbing on the whole route? Just wondered if I can be a total slacker and leave my heavy DH wheels on the bike, or if my XC wheels are a better move?

flap_jack
    Free Member

done it 3 times, will be there next saturday. Not much climbing, but what there is tends to be steep (granny + biggest on back).

However, if they stop the lifts due to storms (which are forecast), and you’re on the wrong side of the range and have to ride over either the col de cou or the col de chesery, you’re faced with a 1000m climb whichever way you go. I’ve done it a couple of times and I wouldn’t want to do it with heavy wheels – it takes hours even on XC wheels.

TBH it’s an XC event, this will be my 4th time on my old (single pivot) mount vision and I’ve never really wished for anything with more travel. After all, the route keeps you off the really tough stuff, and there is a lot of contour pedalling on the Swiss side.

Enjoy – it’s the highlight of the MTB year for me.

snowslave

4 of us riding from Morzine on Sunday. Can’t wait!!!!!!

dasnut
    Free Member

I’ll be there, 3rd time also. On a my “mini DH” bike (nomad with totems) as I’ll be rocking chatel bike park in the mud either side of the event.

also going to try to hit up some downhill tracks (swiss cup off mossettes springs to mind) instead of that god awful road descent in switzerland

its a good crack, especially if you partake of the beer and wine available in the villages on the way around 🙂

Epic
    Free Member

I’m like a little kid at the moment. REALLY looking forward to this now. Shame it’s looking a bit coll and damp out there at the moment.

Had today & tomorrow off work and just packed my bag and bike. Heading down to my mate’s house tomorrow evening, then flying out on Thursday morning from Bristol.

I’ve also had a beer (or two) to get in holiday mode 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Passportes du Soleil – roll call’ is closed to new replies.