• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bigh.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Passporte De Soleil advice .
  • oldfart

Been on my to do for ages , thinking this is the year . What’s the best way to do it ? Looking at a company like Rush Adventures to sort it for me as I’d need somewhere to stay so may as well let them sort it ? Feedback please , thinking that organisation wise best to go with a company to get the most out of it ?

bigh
    Free Member

I’d recommend to stay in Le Boomerang, Les Gets. You don’t need any company to sort it. Just get it booked as soon as possible to ensure you depart from your chosen town. Oh, take warm gear just in case, when it’s cold it’s properly cold, especially on lifts.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Drive / Flight, arrange a chalet or somewhere to stay, buy ticket for Passportes. Job done.

In fact you done even need a ticket. The ticket gets you a welcome pack of gimmicks and promos, lift pass and entry to food stops with some basic packed lunch style grub, but you can just buy a lift pass and do the trails anyway. Plus you’ll likely be there for more than the day you buy so you’ll want a pass for other days. That said the Passportes ticket does give you a bonus lift pass for end of the weekend if you stay long enough.

Though having done the course in a day you need other things to do. You can either explore yourself, find the fun off piste or DH / bike part bits, or get some routes from a local or get a guide for stuff way off piste that’s more interesting. Possible a trip arranged through a company would be ideal for this, but you can get the info other ways.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can stay at Ski Blue Ridge in Les Gets and decide whether to start there or roll down the road into Morzine. We went as a group but there where a few independent travellers and we rode the event with them. Tickets are bought online, just login on time and be patient. You can do Fri/Sat/Sun start. Sat sells out quickest, Sun slowest. I suggest you take a day or two off work and ride the area a bit, do the event on Saturday and then decide whether to ride a bit Sunday before your flight. Personally going the whole way and just doing the event is a costly excersize.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

bloody gorgeous weather last year and a great day out. dont over think it, just get the best digs you can find any your chosen resort then register for the ppds with the nearest start point. Obviously Morzine and Les Gets starts sell out first, we had to choose Lindarets but just rode over from Morzine in the morning no problems… Friday was the quieter day too…

bigh
    Free Member

I’m not saying they still do this but, when we stayed at le Boomerang they even booked our places for the event. That was a couple of years ago, owners/manager may feel differently now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Passporte De Soleil advice .’ is closed to new replies.