Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Partial bearing change for a Blur (4X)?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I need to change the bearings in my Blur 4X. It strikes me that when I've one it before most of the wear/play has been in the lower bearings. I've got a full set but just wondering whether I could get away with only changing the bottom ones and doing the whole lot next time.

Anyone on here ever just do the bottom ones? Was it fine or did the upper ones give up the ghost soon afterwards?

p.s. the play is definitely down the bottom again this time.

DT78
    Free Member

I dropped my nomad off for it's first bearing service after morzine this summer, it only need 2 lower bearings replacing (which jungle replaced for free as they have a lifetime warrenty on them now). I would have done it myself but one of the lower axles had seized in the rear triangle – apparently your supposed to regrease every 6 months…

The actual main cause of slop in my suspension turned out to be a lower shock bushing.

Bikes been fine since then (4 months so far)

higgo
    Free Member

Don't talk to me of your lifetime bearing warranty 😡

I really, really, really wish Santa Cruz had kept the 4X in the range and given it the VPP2 treatment. When I rule the world, they will.

DT78
    Free Member

I've got an 07 mk1 nomad – give jungle a call, the chap I spoke to said they cover all bearings no matter the age. You just need to send them the old fubar'd ones and they will send you new ones no charge. I did have to include proof of purchase (of the bike) so might only extend to first owner.

I'm also sad the 4x appears to have been dropped – it was next on my shopping list 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Partial bearing change for a Blur (4X)?’ is closed to new replies.