Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Part time job, refusing holiday pay
  • chiefgrooveguru

If you are an employee as opposed to a contractor you’re legally entitled to 12.07% paid holiday for the hours you work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone has successfully challenged this issue anyway, as it would involve an employment tribunal and a marked card for the rest of your life in work.

Are you claiming that if you win a tribunal against an employer – ie a court decides they are wrong you will never work again?

Is this really what people are reduced to accepting? Or just idle speculation on the doomsayers part?

I was describing what will most likely happen did my sad face emoticon not show I did not approve it ?
    I dont agree with anything the subsequent poster said but that sad reality is a zero hours contract and they will just give you no more work

i would never defend it, think it is immoral and it should be illegal.

poah
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member

If you are an employee as opposed to a contractor you’re legally entitled to 12.07% paid holiday for the hours you work.

I get an extra 12% an hour on my wages at uni as its a zero hour contract in leu of holidays.

myti
    Free Member

I had a small company try this on me. I asked citizens advice then went back and told the company they were wrong they agreed to pay holiday. Worked for them for a couple of years no probs then I moved on by choice. Don’t put up with it out of fear!

Drac

You couldn’t have done as Flaperon tells us no one successfully challenged this issue.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

If i remember rightly from my university days, McDonalds used to operate a 1hr contract to enable them to do this, were challenged on it, and lost, should be somewhere in an archive.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Part time job, refusing holiday pay’ is closed to new replies.